Fax: (617) 724.4738
Examining whether lung screening changes risk perceptions: National Lung Screening Trial participants at 1-year follow-up†
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 7, pages 1306–1313, 1 April 2013
How to Cite
Park, E. R., Gareen, I. F., Jain, A., Ostroff, J. S., Duan, F., Sicks, J. D., Rakowski, W., Diefenbach, M. and Rigotti, N. A. (2013), Examining whether lung screening changes risk perceptions: National Lung Screening Trial participants at 1-year follow-up. Cancer, 119: 1306–1313. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27925
The authors wish to thank Dr. Deni Aberle, without whose support the study would not have been possible. We are also appreciative of the efforts of ACRIN staff members Irene Mahon and Maria Oh, as well as Kelly Hyland and Joanna Streck at MGH. Lastly, we are very grateful for the assistance and approval of the eight ACRIN/NLST participating Principal Investigators, site coordinators, and staff at the Brown University Center for Statistical Sciences.
Presented at the 17th Annual Meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco; February 16-19, 2011; Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 24 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2012
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2012. Available at: http://www.cancer. org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-031941.pdf. Accessed August 14, 2012.
- 2US Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Washington, DC: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2004.
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Smoking-attributable mortality, years of potential life lost, and productivity losses—United States, 2000-2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008; 57: 1226-1228.
- 5National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Lung Cancer Screening. Fort Washington, PA: National Comprehensive Cancer Network; 2012.
- 23American College of Radiology Imaging Network. Protocol 6654 data forms. Philadelphia, PA: American College of Radiology Imaging Network; 2011. Available at: http://www.acrin.org/protocolsummarytable/protocol6654/6654Dataforms.aspx. Accessed November 17, 2011.
- 26Historical origins of the health belief model. Health Educ Monogr. 1974; 2: 328-335..
- 31Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 2007. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008; 57: 1221-1226.