Fax: (915) 783-1709
AMIGAS: A multicity, multicomponent cervical cancer prevention trial among Mexican American women†
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 7, pages 1365–1372, 1 April 2013
How to Cite
Byrd, T. L., Wilson, K. M., Smith, J. L., Coronado, G., Vernon, S. W., Fernandez-Esquer, M. E., Thompson, B., Ortiz, M., Lairson, D. and Fernandez, M. E. (2013), AMIGAS: A multicity, multicomponent cervical cancer prevention trial among Mexican American women. Cancer, 119: 1365–1372. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27926
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 22 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 AUG 2012
- 1US Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999-2008 Incidence and Mortality [web-based report]. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2009. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/uscs Accessed July 11, 2012.
- 2National Cancer Institute. A Snapshot of Cervical Cancer. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/PublishedContent/Files/aboutnci/servingpeople/snapshots/2011_Cervical_snapshot. 508.pdf. Accessed August 8, 2011.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Cancer screening—United States, 2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 41-45.
- 8Community Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Community Preventive Services. Cancer prevention and control: client-oriented screening interventions [updated February 2012]. Available at: http://www.thecommunityguide.org/cancer/screening/client-oriented/index.html. Accessed June 24, 2012.
- 9on behalf of the NCCDPHP Work Group on Translation. An organizing framework for translation in public health: the Knowledge to Action Framework [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2011; 8: A46., , ,
- 10Planning Health Promotion Programs: An Intervention Mapping Approach. 3rd ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 2011., , , , .
- 13The Health Belief Model: origins and correlates in psychological theory. Health Educ Monogr. 1974; 2: 336-353., .
- 14The Health Belief Model: explaining health behavior through expectancies. In: Glanz K, Lewis FM, Rimer B, eds. Health Behavior and Health Education. 4th ed. San Francisco, CA: Josey-Bass Publishers; 1990: 39-63..
- 16Stages of change in the modification of problem behaviors. In Herson M, Eisler RM, Miller PM, eds. Progress in Behavior Modification. Sycamore, IL: Sycamore Publishing Company; 1992: 184-206., .
- 17Belief, Attitude, Intention and Behavior: An Introduction to Theory and Research. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley; 1975., .
- 18Texas Department of State Health Services. Health Facts Profile for El Paso County. Available at: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/chs/cfs/2008/2008-Health-Facts-Profiles-for-Texas [updated November 20, 2011].Accessed March 21, 2012.
- 19Paso del Norte Health Foundation. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Data. El Paso, TX: Paso del Norte Health Foundation, Center for Border Health Research; 2005.
- 20Texas Department of State Health Services. Health Facts Profile for Harris County. Available at: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/chs/cfs/2008/2008-Health-Facts-Profiles-for-Texas [updated November 30, 2011]. Accessed March 21, 2012.
- 21http://www.pewhispanic.org/2011/05/26/appendix-5/.Accessed April 12, 2012., . US Hispanic Country-of-Origin Counts for the Nation: Top 30 Metropolitan Areas. Pew Hispanic Center; 2011 [updated May 2011]. Available at:
- 22US Census Bureau. Census of Population and Housing: State and County Quick Facts [data derived from population estimates]. Available at: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/53/53077.html. Accessed August 17, 2012.
- 24Washington State Department of Health. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2007. Available at: http://www.doh.wa.gov/EHSPHL/CHS/CHS-Data/brfss/brfss_homepage.htm. Accessed March 15,2011.
- 30Concordance of self-reported data and medical record audit for 6 cancer screening procedures. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1992; 85: 66-570., , .