Controversies in antiepidermal growth factor receptor therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 11, pages 1941–1950, 1 June 2013
How to Cite
Woo, J., Palmisiano, N., Tester, W. and Leighton, J. C. (2013), Controversies in antiepidermal growth factor receptor therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer. Cancer, 119: 1941–1950. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27994
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 OCT 2012
- 4The role of the epidermal growth factor receptor in the mechanism and treatment of colorectal cancer. Discov Med. 2011;11:95-105., .
- 9Mutant (MT) KRAS codon 12 and 13 alleles in patients (pts) with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC): assessment as prognostic and predictive biomarkers of response to panitumumab (pmab) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30( 4S). Abstract 383., , , et al.
- 20Randomized, phase III trial of panitumumab with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) versus FOLFOX4 alone as first-line treatment in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: the PRIME study. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:4697-4705., , , et al.
- 23Phase III study of irinotecan/5FU/LV (FOLFIRI) or oxaliplatin/5FU/LV (FOLFOX) ± cetuximab for patients (pts) with untreated metastatic adenocarcinoma of the colon or rectum (MCRC): CALGB 80203 preliminary results [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24( 18S). Abstract 3509., , , et al.
- 28Panitumumab in combination with irinotecan for chemoresistant advanced colorectal cancer: results of PICCOLO, a large randomised trial with prospective molecular stratification [abstract]. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47(suppl 1):S393., , , , , .
- 36Molecular mechanism underlying the synergistic interaction between trifluorothymidine and the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor erlotinib in human colorectal cancer cell lines. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:440-447., , , , , .
- 38Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer [COSMIC v62]. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute; 2012. Available at: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/genetics/CGP/cosmic. Accessed January 6, 2013.
- 41Oncogenic KRAS desensitizes colorectal tumor cells to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition and activation. Neoplasia. 2010;12:443-452., , , et al.
- 47Cetuximab dose-escalation study in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) with no or slight skin reactions on cetuximab standard dose treatment (EVEREST): pharmacokinetic and efficacy data of a randomized study. Abstract 237. Paper presented at: 2007 ASCO Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium; January 19-21, 2007; Orlando, FL., , , et al.
- 49Skin toxicity evaluation protocol with panitumumab (STEPP), a phase II, open-label, randomized trial evaluating the impact of a pre-emptive skin treatment regimen on skin toxicities and quality of life in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1351-1357., , , et al.
- 55The clinical benefit of bevacizumab in metastatic colorectal cancer is independent of K-ras mutation status: analysis of a phase III study of bevacizumab with chemotherapy in previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer. Oncologist. 2009;14:22-28., , , , .