Fax: (615) 340-1576
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 10, pages 1908–1915, 15 May 2013
How to Cite
Burris, H. A., Lebrun, F., Rugo, H. S., Beck, J. T., Piccart, M., Neven, P., Baselga, J., Petrakova, K., Hortobagyi, G. N., Komorowski, A., Chouinard, E., Young, R., Gnant, M., Pritchard, K. I., Bennett, L., Ricci, J.-F., Bauly, H., Taran, T., Sahmoud, T. and Noguchi, S. (2013), Health-related quality of life of patients with advanced breast cancer treated with everolimus plus exemestane versus placebo plus exemestane in the phase 3, randomized, controlled, BOLERO-2 trial. Cancer, 119: 1908–1915. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28010
We thank Marithea Goberville, PhD, ProEd Communications, Inc, for medical editorial assistance with this article.
Previously presented in abstract form as Beck JT, Rugo HS, Burris HA, et al. BOLERO-2: health-related quality of life in metastatic breast cancer patients treated with everolimus and exemestane versus exemestane. Presented at the 2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting; June 1-5, 2012; Chicago, IL [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(suppl). Abstract 539.
- Issue online: 6 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 OCT 2012
- 1Randomized phase II trial of everolimus in combination with tamoxifen in patients with hormone receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative metastatic breast cancer with prior exposure to aromatase inhibitors: a GINECO study. J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 2718-2724., , , et al.
- 5Everolimus for postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer: updated results of the BOLERO-2 phase III trial. Cancer Res. 2011; 71( 24 suppl 3): 105s-106s. Abstract 3–7., , , et al.
- 6Everolimus for postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer: updated results of the BOLERO-2 phase III trial. J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30( suppl). Abstract 559., , , et al.
- 7Novartis Pharmaceuticals. Afinitor (everolimus) tablets [package insert]. East Hanover, NJ: Novartis Pharmaceuticals; 2012. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/022334s016lbl.pdf. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- 18Double-blind, randomized placebo controlled trial of fulvestrant compared with exemestane after prior nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor therapy in postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive, advanced breast cancer: results from EFECT. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 1664-1670., , , et al.
- 19on behalf of the EORTC Quality of Life Group. The EORTC QLQ-C30 Scoring Manual. 3rd ed. Brussels, Belgium: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer; 2001., , , , , ;
- 21EORTC PROBE project and the Lung Cancer Group. Minimal important differences for interpreting health-related quality of life scores from the EORTC QLQ-C30 in lung cancer patients participating in randomized controlled trials. Support Care Cancer. 2011; 19: 1753-1760., , , et al;
- 25Everolimus (EVE) for postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer (ABC) refractory to letrozole or anastrozole: long-term efficacy and safety results of the BOLERO-2 trial [abstract]. Eur J Cancer. 2012;48(suppl 1):S116. Abstract 253., , , et al.