We gratefully acknowledge all patients who participated.
Use and need for psychosocial support in cancer patients
A population-based sample of patients with minor children
Version of Record online: 10 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 12, pages 2333–2341, 15 June 2013
How to Cite
Ernst, J. C., Beierlein, V., Romer, G., Möller, B., Koch, U. and Bergelt, C. (2013), Use and need for psychosocial support in cancer patients. Cancer, 119: 2333–2341. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28021
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 JUL 2012
- 5Psychological distress and coping of children with a parent having cancer. In: Koch U, Weis J, eds. Psycho-oncology - a discipline in development. [in German]. Gottingen: Hogrefe; 2009:44–62., , , , .
- 6Psychological distress of parents of minor children having cancer. [in German]. Verhaltensther Psychosoz Praxis. 2011;43:55–62., , , , , .
- 9National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Guidance on Cancer Services: Improving Supportive and Palliative Care for Adults With Cancer. Available from URL: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CSGSP/Guidance/pdf/English [accessed June 15, 2012].
- 14Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, Public health authority and consumer protection. Cancer documentation of Hamburg 2007-2009. [in German] Available from URL: http://www.hamburg.de/contentblob/2157870/data/krebsdokumentation-2007-2009-teil1.pdf [accessed June 13, 2012].
- 15Cancer registry of Schleswig-Holstein, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology of Schleswig-Holstein. Incidence and Mortality in 2008. [in German]. Available from URL: http://www.krebsregister-sh.de/berichte/kish2008.pdf [accessed June 1, 2012].
- 16Measurement of social status with an index in health surveys of the DHP (Robert Koch-Institute papers). In: Ahrens W, Bellach BM, Jockel KH, eds. Measurement of sociodemographic characteristics in epidemiology. [in German]. Munich: MMV Medizinverlag; 1998:69–74..
- 17HADS-D: Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale [German version]. Bern: Verlag Hans Huber; 1995., , .
- 19Development of a common instrument for mental health. In: Nosikov A, Gudex C, eds. EUROHIS: Developing Common Instruments for Health Surveys. Amsterdam, the Netherlands. IOS Press; 2003..
- 23How to Score and Interpret Single-Item Health Status Measures: A Manual for Users of the SF-8 Health Survey. Lincoln, RI: QualityMetric Inc; 1999., , , .
- 25Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences. 4th ed. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 2002..
- 26Applied Logistic Regression. 2nd ed. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 2000., .
- 27Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Science. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1988..
- 32Adolescent and Young Adult Health Outcomes and Patient Experience (AYA HOPE) Study Collaborative Group. Positive and negative psychosocial impact of being diagnosed with cancer as an adolescent or young adult. Cancer. 2012;118:5155–5162., , , et al.;