The last 2 authors contributed equally to this article.
Health care-associated infections after major cancer surgery
Temporal trends, patterns of care, and effect on mortality
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 12, pages 2317–2324, 15 June 2013
How to Cite
Sammon, J., Trinh, V. Q., Ravi, P., Sukumar, S., Gervais, M.-K., Shariat, S. F., Larouche, A., Tian, Z., Kim, S. P., Kowalczyk, K. J., Hu, J. C., Menon, M., Karakiewicz, P. I., Trinh, Q.-D. and Sun, M. (2013), Health care-associated infections after major cancer surgery. Cancer, 119: 2317–2324. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28027
The funding sources had no impact on the design, collection, data analysis, or interpretation of data. All researchers are independent from the funding sources. The last 2 authors contributed equally to this article.
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 NOV 2012
- 1Estimating health care-associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep.2007;122:160–166., , , et al.
- 5National Conference of State Legislatures. Lessons from the Pioneers: Reporting Healthcare-Associated Infections. Available at: http://www.ncsl.org/documents/health/haireport.pdf. Accessed July 2,2012.
- 13Clinical and economic outcomes attributable to health care-associated sepsis and pneumonia.Arch Intern Med.2010;170:347–353., , , .
- 15Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS), 2007-2009. Available at URL: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Accessed September 2012.
- 17Primary payer status affects mortality for major surgical operations.Ann Surg.2010;252:544–550; discussion 550–551., , , et al.
- 20Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP).Description of Data Elements: Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS).Washington, DC:H-CUP, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality;2011.
- 33The EPIC project: developing national evidence-based guidelines for preventing healthcare associated infections. Phase I: guidelines for preventing hospital-acquired infections. Department of Health (England).J Hosp Infect.2001;47( suppl):S3–S82., , , et al.