Treatment of early-stage prostate cancer among rural and urban patients
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 16, pages 3067–3075, 15 August 2013
How to Cite
Baldwin, L.-M., Andrilla, C. H. A., Porter, M. P., Rosenblatt, R. A., Patel, S. and Doescher, M. P. (2013), Treatment of early-stage prostate cancer among rural and urban patients. Cancer, 119: 3067–3075. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28037
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 23 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
- 1Cancer in rural areas: a literature review. In: Gamm LD, Hutchison LL, Dabney BJ, Dorsey AM, eds. Rural Healthy People 2010: A Companion Document to Healthy People 2010. Volume 2. College Station, TX: The Texas A&M University System Health Science Center, School of Rural Public Health, Southwest Rural Health Research Center; 2003:49-56., .
- 6Bureau of Health Professions. Area Resource File (ARF). Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration; 2007.
- 7US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. Measuring rurality: 2004 county typology codes. 6/2005. http://www.ers. usda.gov/data-products/county-typology-codes.aspx. Accessed April 21, 2013.
- 8Fritz A, Jack A, Parkin DM, et al, eds. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (IDC-O), 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000.
- 9National Cancer Institute. SEER Limited-Use Record Description Cases Diagnosed in 1973-2006. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2009.
- 10US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. What is rural? http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/county-typology-codes.aspx. Accessed April 21, 2013.
- 11Longitudinal data analysis using generalized linear models. Biometrika. 1986;73:13-22., .
- 12The association of geography with the primary treatment of prostate cancer in Wisconsin. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(suppl): Abstract e16528., , , et al.
- 14Geographic proximity to treatment for early stage breast cancer and likelihood of mastectomy. Breast. 2011;20:324-328., , , et al.