See related editorial on pages 2953–2955, this issue.
Individual and geographic disparities in human papillomavirus types 16/18 in high-grade cervical lesions
Associations with race, ethnicity, and poverty
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 16, pages 3052–3058, 15 August 2013
How to Cite
Niccolai, L. M., Russ, C., Julian, P. J., Hariri, S., Sinard, J., Meek, J. I., McBride, V., Markowitz, L. E., Unger, E. R., Hadler, J. L. and Sosa, L. E. (2013), Individual and geographic disparities in human papillomavirus types 16/18 in high-grade cervical lesions. Cancer, 119: 3052–3058. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28038
We acknowledge the contributions of Martin Steinau, PhD, from the Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Suzanne E. Powell, MPH, from the Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, of the CDC.
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 DEC 2012
- 1US Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999-2008 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2012. http://www.cdc.gov/uscs.
- 6Chapter 1: HPV in the etiology of human cancer. Vaccine. 2006;24(suppl 3):S3/1-S3/30., , , .
- 8Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FDA licensure of bivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV2, Cervarix) for use in females and updated HPV vaccination recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59:626-629.
- 11Early effect of the HPV vaccination programme on cervical abnormalities in Victoria, Australia: an ecological analysis. Lancet. 2011;377:2085-2092., , , , , .