Squamous cell carcinoma antigen
A potentially useful prognostic marker in squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal and margin
Article first published online: 10 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 13, pages 2391–2398, 01 July 2013
How to Cite
Williams, M., Swampillai, A., Osborne, M., Mawdsley, S., Hughes, R., Harrison, M., Harvey, R., Glynne-Jones, R. and Mount Vernon Colorectal Cancer Network (2013), Squamous cell carcinoma antigen. Cancer, 119: 2391–2398. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28055
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 NOV 2012
- 4Concomitant radiotherapy and chemotherapy is superior to radiotherapy alone in the treatment of locally advanced anal cancer: results of a phase III randomized trial of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Radiotherapy and Gastrointestinal cooperative groups. J Clin Oncol. 1997;15:2040-2049., , , et al.
- 5Epidermoid anal cancer: results from the UKCCCR randomised trial of radiotherapy alone versus radiotherapy, 5-fluorouracil, and mitomycin. UKCCCR Anal Cancer Trial Working Party. UK Co-ordinating Committee on Cancer Research. Lancet. 1996;348:1049-1054.
- 6Role of mitomycin in combination with fluorouracil and radiotherapy, and of salvage chemoradiation in the definitive nonsurgical treatment of epidermoid carcinoma of the anal canal: results of a phase III randomized intergroup study. J Clin Oncol. 1996;14:2527-2539., , , et al.
- 7Fluorouracil, mitomycin and radiotherapy vs fluorouracil, cisplatin and radiotherapy for carcinoma of the anal canal: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2008;199:1914-1921., , , et al.
- 8A randomized trial of chemoradiation using mitomycin or cisplatin, with or without maintenance cisplatin/5FU in squamous cell carcinoma of the anus (ACT II) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:18s. Abstract LBA4009., , , et al.
- 9United Kingdom Coordinating Committee on Cancer Research Anal Cancer Trial Working Party. Prognostic factors for recurrence and survival in anal cancer: generating hypotheses from the mature outcomes of the first United Kingdom Coordinating Committee on Cancer Research Anal Cancer Trial (ACT I). Cancer. 2013;119:748-755., , , et al.
- 22TNM Classification of Malignant Tumors. 5th ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1997., , eds.
- 23A Chemiluminescent microparticle squamous cell carcinoma associated antigen assay for the ARCHITECT Instrument System. Paper presented at: 32nd Meeting of the International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers; June 19-23, 2004; Helsinki, Finland..
- 24The ARCHITECT Instrument System [product insert]. North Chicago, IL: Abbott; 2004. Available at: www.abbottdiagnostics.co.uk/webapp/index.cfm?event=getPDF&controlNumber=F502012R2 11/10/09, 2009. [Accessed March 21, 2013].
- 26R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2008. Available at: http://www.R-project.org. [Accessed March 21, 2013].
- 29Evaluation of SCC antigen as a tumour marker for cervical cancer: a co-operative study of GTMG. Tumour Marker Oncol. 1988;3:59-63., , .