The corresponding author is currently affiliated with the Department of Primary Care, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Cost-effectiveness of full coverage of aromatase inhibitors for Medicare beneficiaries with early breast cancer
Article first published online: 23 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 13, pages 2494–2502, 01 July 2013
How to Cite
Ito, K., Elkin, E., Blinder, V., Keating, N. and Choudhry, N. (2013), Cost-effectiveness of full coverage of aromatase inhibitors for Medicare beneficiaries with early breast cancer. Cancer, 119: 2494–2502. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28084
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 NOV 2012
- 2National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Breast cancer; version I, 2012. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/breast.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 8Adherence to Long-Term Therapies: Evidence for Action. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2003..
- 9Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Closing the quality gap series: comparative effectiveness of medication adherence interventions. Available at: http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ehc/products/296/764/Medication-Adherence_Protocol_20110818.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 10Interventions for enhancing medication adherence [serial online]. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008;(4):CD000011., , , , .
- 12GoodRx. Available at: http://www.goodrx.com. Accesses February 1, 2013.
- 13Q1Medicare.com. 2012 Drug finder: search for your prescription drug across all Medicare pt D or Medicare Advantage plans. Available at: http://www.q1medicare.com/PartD-SearchPDPMedicarePartDDrugFinder.php. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 15Endocrine therapy use among elderly hormone receptor-positive breast cancer patients enrolled in Medicare pt D [serial online]. Medicare Medicaid Res Rev. 2011;1:E1-E26., , , .
- 22Breast cancer statistics. 2011. CA Cancer J Clin. 2011;61:409-418., , , .
- 23Wolters Kluwer Pharmacy Solutions. Source Pharmaceutical Audit Suite. Available at: http://s01.pharma.wkhealth.com/AuditSuite/. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 28National Center for Health Statistics. United States Life Tables, 2006. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_21.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 32US Department of Labor. US Consumer Price Index for medical care for all urban consumers. Available at: http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 33Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press; 1996., , , et al.
- 34Decision Modelling for Health Economic Evaluation. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2006., , .
- 38Avalere Health, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network. Cost sharing for cancer patients in Medicare, 2009. Available at: http://action.acscan.org/site/DocServer/Avalere_ACS_CAN_Part_D_study_final_version_with_Sarah_s_.pdf/482831466?docID=10441&verID=1. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 41Cost-sharing: effect on spending and outcomes. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Synthesis Project Report No. 20, December 2010. Available at: http://www.rwjf.org/files/research/121710.policysynthesis.costsharing.rpt.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2013..
- 43USA Today, Kaiser Family Foundation, Harvard School of Public Health. National survey of households affected by cancer. Available at: http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/7590.cfm. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 44Kaiser Family Foundation: The Medicare pt D coverage gap: costs and consequences in 2007. Available at: http://www.kff.org/medicare/7811.cfm. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 49Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Pub L No. 111-148. Available at: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/pdf/PLAW-111publ148.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- 50Value-based insurance design: aligning incentives, benefits, and evidence in oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2012;10:18-23., , .
- 53Can broader diffusion of value-based insurance design increase benefits from US health care without increasing cost? Evidence from a computer simulation model [serial online]. PLoS Med. 7:e100234, 2010., , , , .