Prepared under contract from the American Cancer Society Project #NHSURVGDO.
Which strategies reduce breast cancer mortality most?
Collaborative Modeling of Optimal Screening, Treatment, and Obesity Prevention
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 14, pages 2541–2548, 15 July 2013
How to Cite
Mandelblatt, J., van Ravesteyn, N., Schechter, C., Chang, Y., Huang, A.-T., Near, A. M., de Koning, H. and Jemal, A. (2013), Which strategies reduce breast cancer mortality most?. Cancer, 119: 2541–2548. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28087
We thank the Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium (BCSC) for data provided for this study. BCSC data collection was supported by NCI cooperative agreements U01CA63740, U01CA86076, U01CA86082, U01CA63736, U01CA70013, U01CA69976, U01CA63731, U01CA70040, and HHSN261201100031C. The collection of cancer data was also supported by public health departments and cancer registries. For a full description of these sources, please see http://www.breastscreening.cancer.gov/work/acknowledgement.html. A list of the BCSC investigators and procedures for requesting data are provided at http://breastscreening.cancer.gov/.
Model results are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not reflect the views of the funding agencies.
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Blinded double reading yields a higher programme sensitivity than non-blinded double reading at digital screening mammography: A prospected population based study in the south of The Netherlands, European Journal of Cancer, 2015, 51, 3, 391, , , , , , , ,
- 3Simulation models in population breast cancer screening: A systematic review, The Breast, 2015,, , , , ,
- 4The repressive effect of miR-520a on NF-κB/IL-6/STAT-3 signal involved in the glabridin-induced anti-angiogenesis in human breast cancer cells, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 43, 34257, , , , , , ,
- 5An Update on Breast Cancer Screening and Prevention, Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice, 2014, 41, 2, 283, , ,
- 7Qualitative Assessment of Breast Cancer Early Detection Services Provided through Well Woman Clinics in the District of Gampaha in Sri Lanka, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2013, 14, 12, 7639, , , ,