Medical writing support was provided by Giles Brooke, PhD, Joanna Bloom, PhD, and Joseph Ramcharan, PhD, of UBC Scientific Solutions and was funded by Pfizer Inc. We thank the study investigators, their staff, clinical trial personnel, and the patients who participated.
Axitinib and/or bevacizumab with modified FOLFOX-6 as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: A randomized phase 2 study
Version of Record online: 19 APR 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 14, pages 2555–2563, 15 July 2013
How to Cite
Infante, J. R., Reid, T. R., Cohn, A. L., Edenfield, W. J., Cescon, T. P., Hamm, J. T., Malik, I. A., Rado, T. A., McGee, P. J., Richards, D. A., Tarazi, J., Rosbrook, B., Kim, S. and Cartwright, T. H. (2013), Axitinib and/or bevacizumab with modified FOLFOX-6 as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: A randomized phase 2 study. Cancer, 119: 2555–2563. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28112
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 12 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 DEC 2012
- 2National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Colon Cancer, version. 3; 2012. Available at: http://images.medscape.com/images/567/332/colon.pdf. Accessed November 9, 2012.
- 11Inlyta [prescribing information]. New York: Pfizer Inc; 2012.
- 14New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:205-216., , , et al.
- 19Regorafenib monotherapy for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer (CORRECT): an international, multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2013;381.303-312., et al.
- 20Pfizer, Inc. Pfizer discontinues phase 3 trial of Sutent in metastatic colorectal cancer [press release]. New York, NY: Pfizer Inc; June 30, 2009. Available at: http://www.pfizer.com/news/press_releases/pfizer_press_release_archive.jsp?guid=20090630006315en&source=2009&page=7. Accessed November 9, 2012.
- 21Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study of first-line oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy plus PTK787/ZK 222584, an oral vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitor, in patients with metastatic colorectal adenocarcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:1997-2003., , , et al.