Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology; June 1-5, 2012; Chicago, IL.
Stage I of a phase 2 study assessing the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of barasertib (AZD1152) versus low-dose cytosine arabinoside in elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia
Article first published online: 19 APR 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 14, pages 2611–2619, 15 July 2013
How to Cite
Kantarjian, H. M., Martinelli, G., Jabbour, E. J., Quintás-Cardama, A., Ando, K., Bay, J.-O., Wei, A., Gröpper, S., Papayannidis, C., Owen, K., Pike, L., Schmitt, N., Stockman, P. K., Giagounidis, A. and SPARK-AML1 Investigators (2013), Stage I of a phase 2 study assessing the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of barasertib (AZD1152) versus low-dose cytosine arabinoside in elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer, 119: 2611–2619. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28113
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 FEB 2013
- 3The treatment of elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2011;108:863-870., , , .
- 6A comparison of low-dose cytarabine and hydroxyurea with or without all-trans retinoic acid for acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome in patients not considered fit for intensive treatment. Cancer. 2007;109:1114-1124., , , et al.
- 16The activity of the novel Aurora kinase B inhibitor AZD1152 in acute myeloid leukaemia cells [abstract]. Blood. 2005;106. Abstract 3374., , , et al.
- 21Phase I study to assess the safety and tolerability of AZD1152 in combination with low dose cytosine arabinoside in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) [abstract]. Blood. 2010;116. Abstract 656., , , et al.
- 22Phase I/II study to assess the safety and efficacy of the Aurora B kinase inhibitor, AZD1152, in patients with advanced acute myeloid leukemia [abstract]. Blood. 2009;114. Abstract 2080., , , et al.
- 24AstraZeneca. Global Policy: Bioethics. 2011. Available at: http://www.astrazeneca.com/Responsibility/Code-policies-standards/Our-global-policies. [Accessed March 4, 2013].
- 27Independent prognostic factors for AML outcome. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2009;385-395., .
- 28Results from a randomized phase III trial of decitabine versus supportive care or low-dose cytarabine for the treatment of older patients with newly diagnosed AML [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(15S). Abstract 6504., , , et al.