Presented at the 2011 European Multidisciplinary Cancer Conference; September 23–27, 2011; Stockholm, Sweden.
Phase 2 trial of afatinib, an ErbB family blocker, in solid tumors genetically screened for target activation
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 16, pages 3043–3051, 15 August 2013
How to Cite
Kwak, E. L., Shapiro, G. I., Cohen, S. M., Becerra, C. R., Lenz, H.-J., Cheng, W.-F., Su, W.-C., Robohn, M., Le Maulf, F., Lobmeyer, M. T., Chand, V. K. and Iafrate, A. J. (2013), Phase 2 trial of afatinib, an ErbB family blocker, in solid tumors genetically screened for target activation. Cancer, 119: 3043–3051. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28120
ELK, VKC and AJI contributed to concept and design. ELK, H-JL, W-FC, W-CS, MR, FLM, MTL, VKC and AJI were involved in the collection and assembly of data. ELK, H-JL, W-FC, MR, FLM, MTL, VKC and AJI contributed to data analysis and interpretation. ELK, GIS, H-JL, MR, FLM, MTL, VKC and AJI were involved in manuscript writing. ELK, GIS, SMC, H-JL, CRB, W-FC, W-CS, MR, FLM, MTL, VKC and AJI gave final approval of manuscript. ELK, GIS, SMC, CRB, H-JL, and W-FC contributed to the provision of study materials or patients.
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2013
- 9LUX-Lung 3: a randomized, open-label, phase III study of afatinib versus pemetrexed and cisplatin as first-line treatment for patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the lung harboring EGFR-activating mutations [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(18 suppl). Abstract LBA7500., , , et al.
- 13The HER-2/neu oncogene in breast cancer: prognostic factor, predictive factor, and target for therapy. Oncologist. 1998;3:237-252., .
- 17Efficacy of BIBW 2992, a potent irreversible inhibitor of EGFR and HER2, in models of head and neck cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2007;5(suppl):326-327., , , et al.
- 21A phase I dose escalation study of BIBW 2992, an irreversible dual inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor 1 (EGFR) and 2 (HER2) tyrosine kinase in a 2-week on, 2-week off schedule in patients with advanced solid tumours. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:80-85., , , et al.
- 28High epidermal growth factor receptor immunohistochemical expression in urothelial carcinoma of the bladder is not associated with EGFR mutations in exons 19 and 21: a study using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded archival tissues. Hum Pathol. 2012;43:1590-1595., , , et al.
- 31A phase II study of BIBW 2992 in patients with adenocarcinoma of the lung and activating EGFR/HER1 mutations (LUX-Lung 2) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28(15 suppl). Abstract 7521., , , et al.