Ultraviolet index and racial differences in prostate cancer incidence and mortality
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 17, pages 3195–3203, 1 September 2013
How to Cite
Taksler, G. B., Cutler, D. M., Giovannucci, E., Smith, M. R. and Keating, N. L. (2013), Ultraviolet index and racial differences in prostate cancer incidence and mortality. Cancer, 119: 3195–3203. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28127
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 JAN 2013
- 2Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009 (Vintage 2009 Populations), National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD, http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2009_pops09/, based on November 2011 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site, April 2012.
- 3US Census Bureau. Current Population Survey. Annual Social and Economic Supplement, 2003–2009. Accessed at http://www.census.gov/cps/data/cpstablecreator.html. Access date: November 26, 2012.
- 26Marketwire. Novacea Announces Preliminary Findings From Data Analysis of Ascent-2 Phase 3 Trial. marketwire.com/press-release/novacea-announces-preliminary-findings-from-data-analysis-of-ascent-2-phase-3-trial-nasdaq-novc-864465.htm. Accessed November 8, 2012.
- 28Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2011.
- 29National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Erythemal UV Exposure. Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer. toms.gsfc.nasa.gov/ery_uv/euv_v8.html. Accessed August 12, 2010.
- 31Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence-SEER 18 Regs Research Data+Hurricane Katrina Impacted Louisiana Cases, Nov. 2011 Sub, Vintage 2009 Populations (2000-2009) Linked To County Attributes-Total US, 1969-2010 Counties. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Surveillance Systems Branch; 2012, based on the November 2011 submission.
- 32Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002;40(suppl 8):IV-3- IV-18., , , , .
- 33Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. Underlying Cause of Death 1999-2010. wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html. Access date September 12, 2010.
- 34Area Resource File: 2009-2010. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Professions; 2010.
- 35Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Data. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1984–2009. cdc.gov/brfss/annual_data/annual_data.htm. Access date: May 1, 2012.
- 36Environmental Protection Agency. Experimental UV Index. EPA 430-F-94-019. Washington, DC: Environmental Protection Agency; 1994.
- 37Erythemal Exposure Data Product. NASA Goddard Space Center. macuv.gsfc.nasa.gov/doc/erynotes.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2010., .
- 39National Climatic Data Center. Global Historical Climatology Network-Daily Version 2.92. ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/daily/ghcnd_all.tar.gz. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- 40Estimation of areas of burns. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1944;79:352-358., .