An abstract of this work has been accepted for oral presentation at the annual meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology in September 2013.
Cost-effectiveness of stereotactic body radiation therapy versus surgical resection for stage I non–small cell lung cancer
Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 17, pages 3123–3132, 1 September 2013
How to Cite
Shah, A., Hahn, S. M., Stetson, R. L., Friedberg, J. S., Pechet, T. T. V. and Sher, D. J. (2013), Cost-effectiveness of stereotactic body radiation therapy versus surgical resection for stage I non–small cell lung cancer. Cancer, 119: 3123–3132. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28131
We thank Brian Wildt (Radiation Oncology), Quiana Mack (Surgery), and Mary Ferroni (Anesthesia) at the University of Pennsylvania for their assistance with Medicare coding and payment data.
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 FEB 2013
- 12.US Department of Labor. Bureau of Labor Statistics. CPI Inflation Calculator. http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm. Cited June 21, 2012.
- 18NSCLC Meta-Analyses Collaborative Group. Chemotherapy in addition to supportive care improves survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data from 16 randomized controlled trials. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:4617–4625.
- 22Red Book: Pharmacy's Fundamental Reference. New York, NY; Thomson Medical Economics; 2007.
- 23A comprehensive cost analysis of Medicare home oxygen therapy: a study for the American Association for Homecare. Mechanicsburg, PA: Morrison Informatics; 2006.