The articles in this supplement were commissioned based on participation in evaluating the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention–funded Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program.
Collaborating across multiple health care institutions in an urban colorectal cancer screening program
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Special Issue: Comprehensive Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 119, Issue Supplement S15, pages 2905–2913, 1 August 2013
How to Cite
Villanueva, R., Gugel, D. and Dwyer, D. M. (2013), Collaborating across multiple health care institutions in an urban colorectal cancer screening program. Cancer, 119: 2905–2913. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28153
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This program would not have been possible without the cooperation and participation of the following individuals from the DHMH CCSC: Barbara Andrews, Marsha Bienia, Carmela Groves, Annette Hopkins, Kitty Musk, Eileen Steinberger, Vicki Varsalone; the following individuals from the participating hospitals: Mary Austin, Jennie Boyer, Kira Eyring, Michael Farrier, Nancy Goldstein, Christine Hendrix, Alva Hutchison, Myra James, Jin Lee, Marylu Manning, Eileen Marks, Candace Shaffer, Eden Stotsky, Toby Tighe, Linda Wieczynski; and the participating colonoscopists: Richard Baum, Sudhir Dutta, Anthony Kalloo, Gopal Kowdley, Robert Mathieson, Patrick Okolo, Justin Somerville, and Rakesh Vinayek.
This article is dedicated to the memory of Eileen Marks. Her wisdom, compassion, and commitment were instrumental to the success of the program.
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 OCT 2012
- 2American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures, 2000. Publication 5008.00. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 2000.
- 3Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Annual Cancer Report, Cigarette Restitution Fund Program, September 2003. http://phpa.dhmh.maryland.gov/cancer/Documents/CRF_Annual_Cancer_Report_2003.pdf.
- 4Experience of a public health colorectal cancer testing program in Maryland. Public Health Rep. 2012;127:330–339., , , et al.
- 12Development of a federally funded demonstration colorectal cancer screening program. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A64., , , et al.