The articles in this supplement were commissioned based on participation in evaluating the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention–funded Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program.
Moving forward: Using the experience of the CDCs' Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program to guide future colorectal cancer programming efforts
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Special Issue: Comprehensive Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 119, Issue Supplement S15, pages 2940–2946, 1 August 2013
How to Cite
Seeff, L. C., DeGroff, A., Joseph, D. A., Royalty, J., Tangka, F. K. L., Nadel, M. R. and Plescia, M. (2013), Moving forward: Using the experience of the CDCs' Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program to guide future colorectal cancer programming efforts. Cancer, 119: 2940–2946. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28155
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2012
- 14Framework for program evaluation in public health. MMWR Recomm Rep. 1999;48:1–40.
- 16Start-up of the Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Project. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A38., , , , , .
- 17National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http:www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp. Accessed March 31, 2012.
- 18WISEWOMAN—Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women across the Nation. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http:www.cdc.gov/wisewoman. Accessed March 31, 2012.
- 19Facilitators and challenges to start-up of the Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A39., , , , .
- 20Quality in the technical performance of colonoscopy in the continuous quality improvement process for colonoscopy: Recommendations of the Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:1294–1308., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 26Guide to Community Preventive Services. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.thecommunityguide.org/about/task-force-members.html. Accessed March 31, 2012.
- 27Colorectal Cancer Control Program. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/crccp/. Accessed April 10, 2013.
- 28Million Hearts. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://millionhearts.hhs.gov/index.html. Accessed March 29, 2011.
- 29U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Colorectal Cancer: Clinical Summary of U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation 2008. http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf08/colocancer/colosum.htm. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- 37Developmental Evaluation: Applying Complexity Concepts to Enhance Innovation and Use. New York, NY: Guilford Press; 2011..
- 39International Agency for Research on Cancer. Cervix cancer screening. IARC Handbook of Cancer Prevention. Lyon, France: IARC; 2005:10:117–162.