The articles in this supplement were commissioned based on participation in evaluating the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-funded Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program.
Costs of planning and implementing the CDC's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Special Issue: Comprehensive Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 119, Issue Supplement S15, pages 2855–2862, 1 August 2013
How to Cite
Subramanian, S., Tangka, F. K. L., Hoover, S., Beebe, M. C., DeGroff, A., Royalty, J. and Seeff, L. C. (2013), Costs of planning and implementing the CDC's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program. Cancer, 119: 2855–2862. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28158
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2012
- 1Development of a federally funded demonstration colorectal cancer screening program [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A64., , , et al.
- 2Cost of starting colorectal cancer screening programs: results from 5 federally funded demonstration programs [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A47., , , et al.
- 3Start-up of the colorectal cancer screening demonstration program [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A38., , , , , .
- 5Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Colorectal Cancer Clinical Data Elements. Atlanta, GA: CDC; 2012. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/crccp/pdf/CCDE_Data_DefinitiontableOMB_T.pdf. [Accessed January 15, 2012.]
- 6The cost-effectiveness of CT colonography in screening for colorectal neoplasia. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:380-390., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 8Pignone M, Russell L, Wagner J, eds. Economic Models of Colorectal Cancer Screening in Average-Risk Adults: Workshop Summary. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine and National Research Council; 2005.
- 9Cost-Effectiveness of DNA Stool Testing to Screen for Colorectal Cancer: Report to AHRQ and CMS from the Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) for MISCAN and SimCRC Models. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2007., , , , .
- 15Drummond M, Schulpher M, Torrance G, O'Brien B, Stoddard G, eds. Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programme. 3rd ed. Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press; 2005.
- 17US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U): Regions, by Expenditure Category and Commodity and Service Group. Washington, DC: US Bureau of Labor Statistics; 2008.