The articles in this supplement were commissioned based on participation in evaluating the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-funded Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program.
Delivering colonoscopy screening for low-income populations in Suffolk County
Strategies, outcomes, and benchmarks
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Special Issue: Comprehensive Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 119, Issue Supplement S15, pages 2842–2848, 1 August 2013
How to Cite
Lane, D. S., Messina, C. R., Cavanagh, M. F. and Anderson, J. C. (2013), Delivering colonoscopy screening for low-income populations in Suffolk County. Cancer, 119: 2842–2848. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28160
We also thank all the collaborators of the Stony Brook University Medical Center SCOPE (Suffolk County Preventive Endoscopy) Project, who are listed elsewhere in this supplement.
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, John Wiley & Sons Inc, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2012
- 4National Institutes of Health state-of-the-science conference statement; enhancing use and quality of colorectal cancer screening. Ann Intern Med. 2010;152:663-667., , , et al.
- 6American Cancer Society Colorectal Cancer Advisory Group; US Multi-Society Task Force; American College of Radiology Colon Cancer Committee. Screening and surveillance for the early detection of colorectal cancer and adenomatous polyps, 2008: a joint guideline from the American Cancer Society, the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer, and the American College of Radiology. CA Cancer J Clin. 2008;58:130-160., , , et al;
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Use of colorectal cancer tests-United States, 2002, 2004, and 2006. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008;57:253-258.
- 14U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer. Quality in the technical performance of colonoscopy and the continuous quality improvement process for colonoscopy: recommendations of the U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:1296-1308., , , et al;Direct Link:
- 24US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer; American Cancer Society. Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:1872-1885., , , et al;
- 29Serrated adenomas. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2009;11:420-427., , .