The articles in this supplement were commissioned based on participation in evaluating the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-funded Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program.
Clinical outcomes from the CDC's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Special Issue: Comprehensive Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 119, Issue Supplement S15, pages 2820–2833, 1 August 2013
How to Cite
Seeff, L. C., Royalty, J., Helsel, W. E., Kammerer, W. G., Boehm, J. E., Dwyer, D. M., Howe, W. R., Joseph, D., Lane, D. S., Laughlin, M., Leypoldt, M., Marroulis, S. C., Mattingly, C. A., Nadel, M. R., Phillips-Angeles, E., Rockwell, T. J., Ryerson, A. B. and Tangka, F. K. L. (2013), Clinical outcomes from the CDC's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program. Cancer, 119: 2820–2833. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28163
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUL 2012
- 1US Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2007 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2011. Available at: www.cdc.gov/uscs. Accessed June 10, 2013.
- 3Colorectal cancer incidence in the United States 1999–2004: an updated analysis of data from the National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR) and the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. Cancer. 2009;115:1967–1976., , , , .
- 6Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Screening for Colorectal Cancer: Recommendation Statement. AHRQ publication no. 08–05124-EF-3. Rockville, MD: AHRQ, US Department of Health and Human Services; 2008. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/uspstf08/colocancer/colors.htm. Accessed June 30, 2010.
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital signs: colorectal cancer screening, incidence, and mortality—United States, 2002–2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60:884–889.
- 17Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Colorectal Cancer Screening—United States, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60(suppl 15):42–46., , , , ;
- 18Development of a federally funded demonstration colorectal cancer screening program [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A64., , , et al.
- 19Start-up of the colorectal cancer screening demonstration project [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5A38., , , , , .
- 20Facilitators and challenges to start-up of the colorectal cancer screening demonstration program [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A39., , , , .
- 21Cost of starting colorectal cancer screening programs: results from 5 federally funded demonstration programs [serial online]. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A47., , , , et al.
- 22Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The National Breast and Cervical Early Detection Program. 1991–2002 National Report. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2005.
- 35International Colorectal Cancer Screening Network. Towards standardizing and reporting colorectal cancer screening indicators on an international level: the International Colorectal Cancer Screening Network, Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2961–2973., , , et al.
- 45Quality assessment of colonoscopy reporting: results from a statewide cancer screening program [serial online]. Diagn Ther Endosc 2010:419796, 2010., , , , , .
- 55111th Congress of the United States. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Pubic Law No. 111–148.