The articles in this supplement were commissioned based on participation in evaluating the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-funded Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program.
Assessing screening quality in the CDC's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Special Issue: Comprehensive Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 119, Issue Supplement S15, pages 2834–2841, 1 August 2013
How to Cite
Nadel, M. R., Royalty, J., Shapiro, J. A., Joseph, D., Seeff, L. C., Lane, D. S. and Dwyer, D. M. (2013), Assessing screening quality in the CDC's Colorectal Cancer Screening Demonstration Program. Cancer, 119: 2834–2841. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28164
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, John Wiley & Sons Inc, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We gratefully acknowledge William Helsel, William Kammerer, William Howe, and Tanner Rockwell of Information Management Services Inc for providing analytical and data management support.
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 12 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2012
- 6American Cancer Society Colorectal Cancer Advisory Group; US Multi-Society Task Force; American College of Radiology Colon Cancer Committee. Screening and surveillance for the early detection of colorectal cancer and adenomatous polyps, 2008: a joint guideline from the American Cancer Society, the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer, and the American College of Radiology. CA Cancer J Clin. 2008;58:130-160., , , et al;
- 11U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer. Quality in the technical performance of colonoscopy and the continuous quality improvement process for colonoscopy: recommendations of the U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:1296-1308., , , et al;Direct Link:
- 17Development of a federally funded demonstration colorectal cancer screening program. Prev Chronic Dis. 2008;5:A64., , , et al.
- 19US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer; American Cancer Society. Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:1872-1885., , , et al;
- 28National Health Service Bowel Cancer Screening Programme. Quality Assurance Guidelines for Colonoscopy. NHS BCSP Pub. No. 6. Sheffield, UK: National Health Service Cancer Screening Programmes; 2011.
- 30Dealing with uncertainty: surveillance colonoscopy after polypectomy. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:1745-1747..Direct Link: