We thank Stephanie J. Hawley for data abstraction and careful review of each study included in this report.
Inclusion of minorities and women in cancer clinical trials, a decade later: Have we improved?
Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 16, pages 2956–2963, 15 August 2013
How to Cite
Kwiatkowski, K., Coe, K., Bailar, J. C. and Swanson, G. M. (2013), Inclusion of minorities and women in cancer clinical trials, a decade later: Have we improved?. Cancer, 119: 2956–2963. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28168
- Issue online: 2 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 MAR 2013
- 2The health and physique of the Negro American. Am J Public Health. 1906;93:272-276.
- 3The National Negro Health Week, 1915-1951: a descriptive account. Wellness Perspectives. 1996;12:172-179., .
- 7Examining the Health Disparities Research Plan of the National Institutes of Health: Unfinished Business. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2001., , .
- 8National Institutes of Health. Annual performance plan and report. Available at: http://dpcpsi.nih.gov/opep/documents/Perform/FY_2006_NIH_Performance_Plan.pdf. Accessed November 8, 2012.
- 9National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities. NIH health disparities strategic plan. Available at: http://www.nimhd.nih.gov/about_ncmhd/index2.asp. Accessed November 8, 2012.
- 10Catalyzing transdisciplinary regional partnerships to eliminate cancer health disparities. Sharing in our vision: center to reduce cancer health disparities. Available at: http://www.cancermeetings.org/chdsummit07/PDF/Springfield.pdf. Accessed August 20, 2012..
- 11US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010. Available at: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2010/. Accessed September 16, 2012.
- 12The Affordable Care Act and Latinos. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services; 2012., , .
- 13The Affordable Care Act and Women. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services; 2012., , .
- 14National Institutes of Health. NIH policy and guidelines on the inclusion of women and minorities as subjects in clinical research. Available at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/women_min/guidelines_amended_10_2001.htm. Accessed June 17, 2012.