All authors are employed at the Cancer Registry of Norway, which administers the Norwegian Breast Cancer Screening Program. All data used in this study were available for all authors of the study.
Breast cancer mortality in participants of the Norwegian Breast Cancer Screening Program
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 119, Issue 17, pages 3106–3112, 1 September 2013
How to Cite
Hofvind, S., Ursin, G., Tretli, S., Sebuødegård, S. and Møller, B. (2013), Breast cancer mortality in participants of the Norwegian Breast Cancer Screening Program. Cancer, 119: 3106–3112. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28174
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 12 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 JAN 2013
- 1Vainio H, Bianchini F, eds. Handbooks of Cancer Prevention. Volume 7: Breast Cancer Screening. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2002.
- 2Screening for breast cancer with mammography [serial online]. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011;(4):CD001877., .
- 3Independent UK Panel on Breast Cancer Screening. The benefits and harms of breast cancer screening: an independent review. Lancet. 2012;380:1778–1786.
- 10More on screening mammography. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:282–283., , .
- 15European Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Breast Cancer Screening and Diagnosis. Luxembourg: Official Publication of the European Communities; 2006., , , et al.
- 16Cancer Registry of Norway. Regulation on the collection and processing of personal health data in the Cancer Registry of Norway (Cancer Registry Regulations) [January 2013 update]. Oslo, Norway; Cancer Registry of Norway, 2001. Available at: www.ub.uio.ujur.ulovdata/for-20011221–1477-eng.doc. Accessed May 11, 2013.
- 18World Health Organization. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Health-Related Problems. International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2007. Available at: http://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/. Accessed May 11, 2013.
- 19The value of autopsies for determining the cause of death. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2012;132:147–151., .
- 20Correcting for non-compliance bias in case-control studies to evaluate cancer screening programmes. Appl Stat. 2002;51(part 2):235–243., , , et al.
- 26Asymptomatic breast cancer in non-participants of the national screening-program in Norway: a confounding factor in the evaluation of the program [published online ahead of print February 6, 2013]. J Med Screen. 2013., , .
- 27Norsk Brystcancer Gruppe. Recommendations for treatment of women with ductal carcinoma in situ and breast cancer in Norway. Available at: http://www.nbcg.no/. Accessed May 11, 2013.
- 28Statistical issues in randomized trials of cancer screening. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2002;19:11–18., , .