Cancer research in the United States: Dying by a thousand paper cuts
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 21, pages 3742–3745, 1 November 2013
How to Cite
Kantarjian, H., Stewart, D. J. and Zwelling, L. (2013), Cancer research in the United States: Dying by a thousand paper cuts. Cancer, 119: 3742–3745. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28193
- Issue published online: 18 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 APR 2013
- 1US Department of Health and Human Services. The Belmont Report. hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/guidance/belmont.html. Accessed March 7, 2013.
- 2Life Sciences World Inc. Phase 3 Clinical Trial Costs Exceed $26,000 per Patient. lifesciencesworld.com/news/view/11080. Accessed March 7, 2013.
- 3Pharmalot: Clinical Trials Costs Are Rising Rapidly. pharmalotcom/2011/07/clinical-trial-costs-for-each-patient-rose-rapidly/. Access date..
- 4Rapporteurs. Improving the Quality of Cancer Clinical Trials: Workshop Summary. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2008., ,
- 6What price for a year of life? A survey of US and Canadian oncologists [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:339s. Abstract 6565., , , et al.
- 9A sense of urgency: evaluating the link between clinical trial development time and the accrual performance of CTEP-sponsored studies [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:325s. Abstract CRA6509., , , et al.
- 12Going by the Book: The Problem of Regulatory Unreasonableness. 2nd ed. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books; 2002., .
- 13Wikipedia. Contract Research Organizations. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_research_organization#Market_size_and_growth. Accessed March 7, 2013.