The first 2 authors contributed equally to this manuscript. Dr. Patt conceived and wrote the protocol.
Modified cisplatin/interferon α-2b/doxorubicin/5-fluorouracil (PIAF) chemotherapy in patients with no hepatitis or cirrhosis is associated with improved response rate, resectability, and survival of initially unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma
Article first published online: 2 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 18, pages 3334–3342, 15 September 2013
How to Cite
Kaseb, A. O., Shindoh, J., Patt, Y. Z., Roses, R. E., Zimmitti, G., Lozano, R. D., Hassan, M. M., Hassabo, H. M., Curley, S. A., Aloia, T. A., Abbruzzese, J. L. and Vauthey, J.-N. (2013), Modified cisplatin/interferon α-2b/doxorubicin/5-fluorouracil (PIAF) chemotherapy in patients with no hepatitis or cirrhosis is associated with improved response rate, resectability, and survival of initially unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer, 119: 3334–3342. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28209
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 24 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2013
- 3Sustained complete response and complications rates after radiofrequency ablation of very early hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosis: Is resection still the treatment of choice? Hepatology. 2008;47:82-89., , , et al.
- 10Factors predicting response and survival in 149 patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma treated by combination cisplatin, interferon-alpha, doxorubicin and 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy. Cancer. 2002;94:421-427., , , et al.
- 13New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:205-216., , , et al.
- 29Construction of the Chinese University Prognostic Index for hepatocellular carcinoma and comparison with the TNM staging system, the Okuda staging system, and the Cancer of the Liver Italian Program staging system: a study based on 926 patients. Cancer. 2002;94:1760-1769., , , et al.
- 37Hepatocellular carcinoma: current trends in worldwide epidemiology, risk factors, diagnosis and therapeutics. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;3:353-367., , , , , .
- 38Metabolic syndrome and hepatocellular carcinoma: two growing epidemics with a potential link. Cancer. 2009;115:5651-5661., .Direct Link: