The findings and conclusions in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the positions of the National Cancer Institute, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Lost productivity and burden of illness in cancer survivors with and without other chronic conditions
Article first published online: 21 JUN 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 18, pages 3393–3401, 15 September 2013
How to Cite
Dowling, E. C., Chawla, N., Forsythe, L. P., de Moor, J., McNeel, T., Rozjabek, H. M., Ekwueme, D. U. and Yabroff, K. R. (2013), Lost productivity and burden of illness in cancer survivors with and without other chronic conditions. Cancer, 119: 3393–3401. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28214
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 21 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 OCT 2012
- 1SEER cancer statistics review, 1975–2009 (vintage 2009 populations). National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2009_pops09/. Accessed June 5, 2012., , , et al.
- 3Institute of Medicine. Living well with chronic illness: a call for public health action. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; 2012.
- 9Institute of Medicine. From cancer patient to cancer survivor: lost in transition. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; 2005.
- 13Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. MEPS survey background. Available at: http://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/about_meps/survey_back.jsp. Accessed June 20, 2012.
- 14Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Total expenses and percent distribution for selected conditions by source of payment: United States, 2010. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey Household Component Data. Generated interactively. http://meps.ahrq.gov/data_stats/tables_compendia_hh_interactive.jsp?_SERVICE=MEPSSocket0&_PROGRAM=MEPSPGM.TC.SAS&File=HCFY2010&Table=HCFY2010_CNDXP_D&_Debug=. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- 16Aspirin use among the adult U.S. noninstitutionalized population, with and without indicators of heart disease, 2005. Statistical Brief #179. Available at: http://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/data_files/publications/st179/stat179.shtml..
- 18Research Triangle Institute. SUDAAN language manual: release 9.0. 2004.
- 27Comparison of household and medical provider reports of medical conditions. Paper presented at: Joint Statistical Meetings; August 13–17, 2000; Indianapolis, IN., .