Presented in part as an abstract at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology; December 10-13 2011; San Diego, CA.
Cytarabine, Ki-67, and SOX11 in patients with mantle cell lymphoma receiving rituximab-containing autologous stem cell transplantation during first remission
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 18, pages 3318–3325, 15 September 2013
How to Cite
Chakhachiro, Z. I., Saliba, R. M., Okoroji, G.-J., Korbling, M., Alousi, A. M., Betul, O., Anderlini, P., Ciurea, S. O., Popat, U., Champlin, R., Samuels, B. I., Medeiros, L. J., Bueso-Ramos, C. and Khouri, I. F. (2013), Cytarabine, Ki-67, and SOX11 in patients with mantle cell lymphoma receiving rituximab-containing autologous stem cell transplantation during first remission. Cancer, 119: 3318–3325. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28219
We thank Martin H. Nguyen for his technical assistance and Dr. Roberto N. Miranda for providing the tissue microarray that helped us optimize SOX11 immunohistochemical staining. We also thank all the pathologists and hematooncologists from outside our institution for providing paraffin blocks or unstained sections for SOX11 immunohistochemical analysis. We thank Ann Sutton for her editing of this article.
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2013
- 1Mantle cell lymphoma. In: Swerdlow SH, Campo E, Harris NL, et al, eds. WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC; 2008:229–232., , , et al.
- 3Ten-year follow-up after intense chemoimmunotherapy with Rituximab-HyperCVAD alternating with Rituximab-high dose methotrexate/cytarabine (R-MA) and without stem cell transplantation in patients with untreated aggressive mantle cell lymphoma. Br J Haematol. 2010;150:200–208., , , et al.
- 7Nordic MCL2 trial update: six-year follow-up after intensive immunochemotherapy for untreated mantle cell lymphoma followed by BEAM or BEAC+ autologous stem-cell support: still very long survival but late relapse do occur. Br J Haematol. 2012;158:355–362., , , et al.
- 10Proliferation predicts failure-free survival in mantle cell lymphoma patients treated with rituximab plus hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone alternating with rituximab plus high-dose methotrexate and cytarabine. Cancer. 2009;115:1041–1048., , , et al.
- 14The utility of interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization for the detection of the translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) in the diagnosis of mantle cell lymphoma on fine-needle aspiration specimens. Cancer. 2005;105:110–118., , , , , .
- 19Relative Risk (Cox) Regression Models. In: The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc; 2002; pp. 95–142., .
- 23Mature results of BEAM/high-dose rituximab vs BEAM/yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin) and autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) for relapsed CD20+ follicular and diffuse large b-cell lymphoma: survival outcomes and risk of secondary malignancies [abstract]. Blood. 2011;118:2005., , , et al.