Presented in abstract format at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Genitourinary Symposium; March 5-7, 2010; San Francisco, CA; and the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting; June 4-7, 2010; Chicago, IL.
Progression-free survival as a surrogate endpoint of overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 1, pages 52–60, 1 January 2014
How to Cite
Halabi, S., Rini, B., Escudier, B., Stadler, W. M. and Small, E. J. (2014), Progression-free survival as a surrogate endpoint of overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Cancer, 120: 52–60. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28221
We thank Roche for sharing the AVOREN dataset. In addition, the authors thank Drs. Peter Compton, George Kong, and Nicola Moore for answering questions regarding the AVOREN database.
See editorial on pages 7–10, this issue.
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAR 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 2Evaluating surrogacy metrics and investigating approval decisions of progression-free survival (PFS) in metastatic renal cell cancer: a systematic review, Annals of Oncology, 2015, 26, 3, 485, , ,
- 3Progression-free survival as primary endpoint in randomized clinical trials of targeted agents for advanced renal cell carcinoma. Correlation with overall survival, benchmarking and power analysis, Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 2015, 93, 1, 50, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 6Bevacizumab: A Review of Its Use in Advanced Cancer, Drugs, 2014, 74, 16, 1891,
- 7Efficacy and Safety of Sequential Use of Everolimus in Patients With Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma Previously Treated With Bevacizumab With or Without Interferon Therapy: Results From the European AVATOR Study, Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, 2014,, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 8Nierenzellkarzinom: Reicht progressionsfreies Überleben als Erfolgskriterium in Studien aus?, Uro-News, 2014, 18, 2, 43,
- 10Surrogate Markers of Overall Survival in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: An Evolving Challenge Still More Complex with Repeat Surgery, Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2014, 21, 6, 1763,