We thank the Community Clinical Oncology Program sites and the nurses and patients who participated in the current study. We also thank Sunita Patterson from Scientific Publications at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for her helpful editorial comments.
A multisite, community oncology-based randomized trial of a brief educational intervention to increase communication regarding complementary and alternative medicine
Article first published online: 3 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 UT MD Anderson Cancer Center. Cancer published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of American Cancer Society
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 119, Issue 19, pages 3514–3522, 1 October 2013
How to Cite
Parker, P. A., Urbauer, D., Fisch, M. J., Fellman, B., Hough, H., Miller, J., Lanzotti, V., Whisnant, M., Weiss, M., Fellenz, L., Bury, M., Kokx, P., Finn, K., Daily, M. and Cohen, L. (2013), A multisite, community oncology-based randomized trial of a brief educational intervention to increase communication regarding complementary and alternative medicine. Cancer, 119: 3514–3522. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28240
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 26 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 FEB 2013
- 3Trends in use of complementary and alternative medicine by US adults: 1997–2002. Altern Ther Health Med. 2005;11:42–49., , , .
- 4Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults and children: United States, 2007. Natl Health Stat Report. 2008;12:1–23., , .
- 10Prevalence and correlates of postdiagnosis initiation of complementary and alternative medicine among patients at a comprehensive cancer center. J Oncol Pract. 2013;9:34–41., , , , , .
- 13Interactions of natural health products with biomedical cancer treatments. Curr Oncol. 2008;15(suppl 2):s109.es81–s10.es6., .
- 25Oncology Nursing Society. Oncology Nurse Practitioner Competencies. ons.org/media/ons/docs/publications/npcompentencies.pdf. Accessed March 19, 2013.
- 27National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). What Is Complementary and Alternative Medicine? Available at: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam#term [accessed October 4, 2012].
- 33Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for integrative oncology: complementary therapies and botanicals. J Soc Integr Oncol. 2009;7:85–120., , , et al.