The opinions and assertions expressed in this article represent the private views of the authors and do not reflect the official views of the US Departments of the Army, Navy, or Defense; the National Cancer Institute; or the US government. Nothing in the presentation implies any Federal/Department of Defense/Department of the Navy endorsement.
Surveillance mammography among female Department of Defense beneficiaries
A study by race and ethnicity
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 19, pages 3531–3538, 1 October 2013
How to Cite
Enewold, L., McGlynn, K. A., Zahm, S. H., Jatoi, I., Anderson, W. F., Gill, A. A., Shriver, C. D. and Zhu, K. (2013), Surveillance mammography among female Department of Defense beneficiaries. Cancer, 119: 3531–3538. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28242
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 DEC 2012
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2012. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2012.
- 2American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2012.
- 3Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, Neyman N, Aminou R, Waldron W, Altekruse SF, Kosary CL, Ruhl J, Tatalovich Z, Cho H, Mariotto A, Eisner MP, Lewis DR, Chen HS, Feuer EJ, Cronin KA, (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2009 (Vintage 2009 Populations), National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD, 2012,http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2009_pops09/.
- 9Altekruse SF, Kosary CL, Krapcho M, et al, eds. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2007. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2010. seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2007/, based on November 2009 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER Web site, 2010.
- 21Misclassification of survey responses and black-white disparity in mammography use, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1995–2006. Prev Chronic Dis. 2011;8:A59., , , .
- 22Access versus acculturation: identifying modifiable factors to promote cancer screening among Asian American women. Med Care. 2010;48:1088–1096., , , .
- 26American Society of Clinical Oncology-recommended surveillance and physician specialty among long-term breast cancer survivors. Cancer. 2010;116:2090–2098., , , et al.