We acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute; the Office of Research, Development and Information, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Information Management Services Inc; and the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
Determinants of the combined use of external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy for low-risk, clinically localized prostate cancer
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 20, pages 3619–3628, 15 October 2013
How to Cite
Quek, R. G. W., Master, V. A., Ward, K. C., Lin, C. C., Virgo, K. S., Portier, K. M. and Lipscomb, J. (2013), Determinants of the combined use of external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy for low-risk, clinically localized prostate cancer. Cancer, 119: 3619–3628. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28258
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 13 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAY 2013
- 2Emory University, American Cancer Society. tinyurl.com/CancerIdea3AddRef. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- 15SAS® for Mixed Models. 2nd ed. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc; 2006., , , , .
- 16Multilevel Analysis: An Introduction to Basic and Advanced Multilevel Modeling. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage; 1999., .
- 23Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002;40(suppl 8):IV-3–IV-18., , , , .
- 24The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Medicare Chartbook, 2010. http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/8103.pdf. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- 25Preliminary treatment considerations among men with newly diagnosed prostate cancer. Am J Manag Care. 2010;16:e121–e130., , , et al.
- 26Influence of private practice setting and physician characteristics on the use of breast cancer adjuvant chemotherapy for elderly women. Cancer. 2009;115:3848–3857., , , , .Direct Link:
- 34Effect of physician ownership of specialty hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers on frequency of use of outpatient orthopedic surgery. Arch Surg. 2010;145:732–738..