We acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute; Information Management Services, Inc.; and the SEER program tumor registries in the maintenance of the database as a research resource.
Population-based prognostic factors for survival in patients with Burkitt lymphoma: An analysis from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database
Article first published online: 30 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 20, pages 3672–3679, 15 October 2013
How to Cite
Castillo, J. J., Winer, E. S. and Olszewski, A. J. (2013), Population-based prognostic factors for survival in patients with Burkitt lymphoma: An analysis from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. Cancer, 119: 3672–3679. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28264
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 30 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 MAR 2013
- 4Hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone and highly active antiretroviral therapy for patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related Burkitt lymphoma/leukemia. Cancer. 2002;94:1492–1499., , , et al.
- 9Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program (www.seer.cancer.gov) SEER*Stat Database: Incidence - SEER 18 Regs Research Data + Hurricane Katrina Impacted Louisiana Cases, Nov 2011 Sub (1973–2009 varying) - Linked To County Attributes - Total U.S., 1969–2010 Counties, National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Surveillance Systems Branch, released April 2012, based on the November 2011 submission; 2012.
- 10Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute SEER*Stat software, version 8.0.2; 2013.
- 11NAACCR Race and Ethnicity Work Group.NAACCR Guideline for Enhancing Hispanic/Latino Identification: Revised NAACCR Hispanic/Latino Identification Algorithm [NHIA v2.2.1]. http://www.naaccr.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=6E20OT41TcA%3d Revised September 12, 2011. Accessed April 26, 2012.
- 17Differences Between Brenner et al. and NCI Methods for Calculating Period Survival. Technical Report 2003–02. Statistical Research and Applications Branch, National Cancer Institute [serial online] 2003. http://surveillance.cancer.gov/reports. Accessed February 19, 2013., , , , .
- 20CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-likechemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) Group. Lancet Oncol. 2006;7:379–391., , , et al.
- 22Addition of Rituximab Improves Outcome of HIV Negative Patients with Burkitt Lymphoma Treated with the Lmba Protocol: Results of the Randomized Intergroup (GRAALL-Lysa) LMBA02 Protocol. (IGR sponsored LMBA02, NCT00180882). American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting Abstracts. 2012;120: Abstract 685., , , et al.
- 23A phase 2 clinical trial adding rituximab to CODOX-M/IVAC for untreated Burkitts lymphoma: correlative analysis of serum and CSF rituximab levels. American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting Abstracts. 2012;120: Abstract 1640., , , et al.
- 28Socioeconomic impacts on survival differ by race/ethnicity among adolescents and young adults with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. J Cancer Epidemiol. 2010;2010:824691., , , , , .
- 29Disparities in survival after Hodgkin lymphoma: a population-based study. Cancer CausesControl. 2009;20:1881–1892., , , , .