Abstract presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting; May 31-June 4, 2013; Chicago, IL.
Effect of prophylactic cranial irradiation on survival in elderly patients with limited-stage small cell lung cancer
Version of Record online: 6 AUG 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 21, pages 3753–3760, 1 November 2013
How to Cite
Eaton, B. R., Kim, S., Marcus, D. M., Prabhu, R., Chen, Z., Ramalingam, S. S., Curran, W. J. and Higgins, K. A. (2013), Effect of prophylactic cranial irradiation on survival in elderly patients with limited-stage small cell lung cancer. Cancer, 119: 3753–3760. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28267
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 6 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 5 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAY 2013
- 4Standard-dose versus higher-dose prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer in complete remission after chemotherapy and thoracic radiotherapy (PCI 99-01, EORTC 22003-08004, RTOG 0212, and IFCT 99-01): a randomised clinical trial. Lancet Oncol. 2009;10:467-474., , , et al.
- 5Primary analysis of a phase II randomized trial Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 0212: impact of different total doses and schedules of prophylactic cranial irradiation on chronic neurotoxicity and quality of life for patients with limited-disease small-cell lung cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:77-84., , , et al.
- 12Interaction between comorbidity and cancer. Cancer Control. 2007;14:13-22..
- 13Decline in tested and self-reported cognitive functioning after prophylactic cranial irradiation for lung cancer: pooled secondary analysis of radiation therapy oncology group randomized trials 0212 and 0214. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;86:656-664., , , et al.
- 16National Cancer Institute: Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results. Overview of the SEER Program. seer.cancer.gov/about/overview.html. Access date April 29th 2013.
- 18The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1980., .
- 19Regression models and life tables. J R Stat Soc B. 1972;34:187-220..
- 23Clinical neurological outcome and quality of life among patients with limited small-cell cancer treated with two different doses of prophylactic cranial irradiation in the intergroup phase III trial (PCI99-01, EORTC 22003-08004, RTOG 0212 and IFCT 99-01). Ann Oncol. 2011;22:1154-1163., , , et al.
- 25National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Guidelines. Small Cell Lung Cancer. wwww.nccn.org. Accessed April 29th 2013.