We thank Carol Rosenblum, MPH, W. Denise Rahming, BS, and George Baum, MS, from the Department of Behavioral Science at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for data collection and management services and Zachary Bohannan from Scientific Publications at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for editing services.
Sociooccupational and physical outcomes more than 20 years after the diagnosis of osteosarcoma in children and adolescents
Limb salvage versus amputation
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 20, pages 3727–3736, 15 October 2013
How to Cite
Ottaviani, G., Robert, R. S., Huh, W. W., Palla, S. and Jaffe, N. (2013), Sociooccupational and physical outcomes more than 20 years after the diagnosis of osteosarcoma in children and adolescents. Cancer, 119: 3727–3736. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28277
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 APR 2013
- 1The epidemiology of osteosarcoma. In: Jaffe N, Bruland ØS, Bielack S, editors. Pediatric and Adolescent Osteosarcoma. New York: Springer, Cancer Treat Res. 2009;152:3–13., .
- 3Functional, psychological and professional outcomes in long term survivors of lower extremity osteosarcomas: amputation versus limb salvage. In: Jaffe N, Bruland ØS, Bielack S, editors. Pediatric and Adolescent Osteosarcoma. New York: Springer, Cancer Treat Res. 2009;152:421–436., , , .
- 4Psychosocial and functional outcomes in long-term survivors of osteosarcoma: a comparison of limb-salvage surgery and amputation. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;54:990–999., , , , .
- 9Late Events in Osteosarcoma Survivors: What Can We Learn From Clinical Trials in Amputation Versus Limb Salvage? Presented at Proceedings of the 34th Meeting of the Scandinavian Sarcoma Group 30 Years' Jubilee; May 6–8, 2009; Oslo, Norway: 33. http://air.unimi.it/bitstream/2434/54695/1/Oslo_09.pdf. Accessed July 22, 2013., , , , .
- 12US Census Bureau.The 2011 Statistical Abstract. The National Data Book. census.gov/compendia/statab/. Accessed May 16, 2011.
- 18The Surgery of Tumors of Bone and Cartilage. New York: Grune & Stratton, 1981..