Neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by concurrent chemoradiation for locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma
Interim results from 2 prospective phase 2 clinical trials
Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 23, pages 4111–4118, 1 December 2013
How to Cite
Kong, L., Hu, C., Niu, X., Zhang, Y., Guo, Y., Tham, I. W. K. and Lu, J. J. (2013), Neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by concurrent chemoradiation for locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer, 119: 4111–4118. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28324
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2013
- 5Randomized trial of radiotherapy versus concurrent chemoradiotherapy followed by adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with American Joint Committee on Cancer/International Union Against Cancer stage III and IV nasopharyngeal cancer of the endemic variety. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:6730–6738., , , et al.
- 10Greene FL, Page DL, Fleming ID, et al. eds. American Joint Committee on Cancer Staging Manual, 6th ed. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2002.
- 17Preliminary report of the Asian-Oceanian Clinical Oncology Association randomized trial comparing cisplatin and epirubicin followed by radiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone in the treatment of patients with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer. 1998;83:2255–2258., , , et al.
- 22Induction chemotherapy with cisplatin, epirubicin, and paclitaxel (CEP), followed by concomitant radiotherapy and weekly paclitaxel for the management of locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. A Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group phase II study. Strahlenther Onkol. 2005;181:223–230., , , et al.
- 25National Institutes of Health.Induction chemotherapy and chemoradiotherapy in nasopharyngeal cancers (GORTEC-NPC2006). National Clinical Trial (NCT) 00828386. Available at: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00828386?term=GORTEC&rank=3. Accessed August 13, 2013.
- 26National Institutes of Health.Induction chemotherapy in patients with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: National Clinical Trial (NCT) 01245959. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01245959?term=nasopharyngeal+carcinoma&rank=13. Accessed August 13, 2013.