This study was presented in part at the 2010 American Society of Hematology Meeting in Orlando, FL, December 3, 2010.
Outcome of adolescents and young adults with acute myeloid leukemia treated on COG trials compared to CALGB and SWOG trials
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 23, pages 4170–4179, 1 December 2013
How to Cite
Woods, W. G., Franklin, A. R. K., Alonzo, T. A., Gerbing, R. B., Donohue, K. A., Othus, M., Horan, J., Appelbaum, F. R., Estey, E. H., Bloomfield, C. D. and Larson, R. A. (2013), Outcome of adolescents and young adults with acute myeloid leukemia treated on COG trials compared to CALGB and SWOG trials. Cancer, 119: 4170–4179. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28344
See related article on pages 4162–9, this issue.
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 APR 2013
- 4Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in adolescents and young adults (AYAs): A comparison of outcomes between patients treated on childhood or adult protocols. Blood. 2001;98:462a–463a., , , , .
- 10AAML03P1, a pilot study of the safety of gemtuzumab ozogamicin in combination with chemotherapy for newly diagnosed childhood acute myeloid leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Cancer. 2012;118:761–769., , , et al.
- 13Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (filgrastim) accelerates granulocyte recovery after intensive postremission chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia with aziridinyl benzoquinone and mitoxantrone: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 9022. Blood. 1997;89:780–788., , , et al.
- 14Sequential multiagent chemotherapy is not superior to high-dose cytarabine alone as postremission intensification therapy for acute myeloid leukemia in adults under 60 years of age: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 9222. Blood. 2005;105:3420–3427., , , et al.
- 15Dose escalation studies of cytarabine, daunorubicin and etoposide with and without multidrug resistance modulation with PSC-833 in untreated adults with acute myeloid leukemia < 60 years old: Final induction results of CALGB Study 9621. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:4290–4301., , , et al.
- 18Phase II evaluation of an intensified induction therapy with standard daunomycin and cytarabine followed by high dose cytarabine for adults with previously untreated acute myeloid leukemia: a Southwest Oncology Group Study (SWOG-9500). Am J Hematol. 2007;82:1056–1062., , , et al.
- 19Preliminary results of Southwest Oncology Group Study S0106: an International Intergroup phase 3 randomized trial comparing the addition of gemtuzumab ozogamicin to standard induction therapy versus standard induction therapy followed by a second randomization to post-consolidation gemtuzumab ozogamicin versus no additional therapy for previously untreated acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2009;114:326a, , , et al.
- 20Pretreatment cytogenetic abnormalities are predictive of induction success, cumulative incidence of relapse, and overall survival in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia: Results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 8461). Blood. 2002;100:4325–4336., , , et al.
- 21The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1980., .
- 25Ewing tumours: outcome in children, adolescents and adult patients. Eur J Cancer. 2007;5(suppl):209–215., , , .
- 32Declining rates of treatment-related mortality recent in patients with newly-diagnosed AML given “intense” induction regimens: a report from SWOG and MD Anderson (American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting Abstracts). Blood. 2012;120: Abstract 129., , , et al.