The first 2 authors contributed equally to this article.
Changes in plasma vascular endothelial growth factor at 8 weeks after sorafenib administration as predictors of survival for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Cancer published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of American Cancer Society.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 120, Issue 2, pages 229–237, 15 January 2014
How to Cite
Tsuchiya, K., Asahina, Y., Matsuda, S., Muraoka, M., Nakata, T., Suzuki, Y., Tamaki, N., Yasui, Y., Suzuki, S., Hosokawa, T., Nishimura, T., Ueda, K., Kuzuya, T., Nakanishi, H., Itakura, J., Takahashi, Y., Kurosaki, M., Enomoto, N. and Izumi, N. (2014), Changes in plasma vascular endothelial growth factor at 8 weeks after sorafenib administration as predictors of survival for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer, 120: 229–237. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28384
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2013
- 1World Health Organization, International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC); Boyle P, Levin B, eds. World Cancer Report 2008. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2008.
- 2European Association for the Study of the Liver, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer. EASL-EORTC Clinical Practice Guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2012;56:908-943.
- 14Clinical significance of microvessel density and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in hepatocellular carcinoma and surrounding liver: possible involvement of vascular endothelial growth factor in the angiogenesis of cirrhotic liver. Hepatology. 1998;27:1554-1562., , , et al.
- 17High serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor after hepatectomy are associated with poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatogastroenterology. 2009;56:1122-1126., , , et al.
- 18High expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor and platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor predict poor prognosis in alpha-fetoprotein-negative hepatocellular carcinoma patients after curative resection. J Cancer Res. 2009;135:1359-1367., , , et al.
- 29Evaluation of plasma VEGF-A as a potential predictive pan-tumour biomarker for bevacizumab. Abstract 804. Paper presented at: 2011 European Multidisciplinary Cancer Congress; Stockholm, Sweden; September 23-27, 2011., , , et al.