We thank all the patients and their families who agreed to be involved in this clinical trial. We are very grateful to the staff and researchers who helped collect data or commented on the draft of our article, specifically Dr. Bjordal for assistance in writing the protocol quality of life (QOL) section along with the QOL Department, Ms. Mélodie Cherton and Ms. Cheryl Whittaker of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QOL Department for proofreading, and Mr. Efstathios Zikos for his support in writing parts of an early draft of this report.
An international phase 3 trial in head and neck cancer: Quality of life and symptom results
EORTC 24954 on behalf of the EORTC head and neck and the EORTC radiation oncology group
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 3, pages 390–398, 1 February 2014
How to Cite
Bottomley, A., Tridello, G., Coens, C., Rolland, F., Tesselaar, M. E.T., Leemans, C. R., Hupperets, P., Licitra, L., Vermorken, J. B., Van Den Weyngaert, D., Truc, G., Barillot, I. and Lefebvre, J.-L. (2014), An international phase 3 trial in head and neck cancer: Quality of life and symptom results. Cancer, 120: 390–398. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28392
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAY 2013
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2010. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2010.
- 9Performance of the EORTC questionnaire for the assessment of quality of life in head and neck cancer patients EORTC QLQ-H&N35: a methodological review. Qual Life Res 2012., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 10On Behalf of the EORTC Quality of Life Group. EORTC Translation Procedure Manual. Brussels, Belgium: EORTC; 2009., , , , , ,
- 11EORTC QLQ-C30 Scoring Manual. 3rd ed. Brussels: EORTC; 2001., , , et al.
- 14EORTC QLQ-C30 Reference Values Manual. Brussels, Belgium: EORTC Quality of Life Group Publications; 2008., , .
- 15; EORTC Head and Neck Group. Short-term health-related quality of life and symptom control with docetaxel, cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin (TPF), 5-fluorouracil (PF) for induction in unresectable locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer patients (EORTC 24971/TAX 323). Br J Cancer. 2010;103:1173-1181., , , et al