We thank Jeanie F. Woodruff, BS, ELS, for editorial support.
Prevalence and characteristics of moderate to severe fatigue: A multicenter study in cancer patients and survivors
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 3, pages 425–432, 1 February 2014
How to Cite
Wang, X. S., Zhao, F., Fisch, M. J., O'Mara, A. M., Cella, D., Mendoza, T. R. and Cleeland, C. S. (2014), Prevalence and characteristics of moderate to severe fatigue: A multicenter study in cancer patients and survivors. Cancer, 120: 425–432. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28434
The contents of this report are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Cancer Institute or the National Institutes of Health.
- Issue online: 22 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUL 2013
- 8Cancer patients' expectations of experiencing treatment-related side effects: a University of Rochester Cancer Center–Community Clinical Oncology Program study of 938 patients from community practices. Cancer. 2004;101:851-857., , , et al.
- 9National Institutes of Health State-of-the-Science Conference Statement: symptom management in cancer: pain, depression, and fatigue, July 15-17, 2002. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2004;(32):9-16., , , et al.
- 12US Food and Drug Administration.Guidance for Industry. Patient-Reported Outcome Measures: Use in Medical Product Development to Support Labeling Claims. www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM071975.pdf. Accessed July 31, 2012.
- 13NCCN Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Cancer-Related Fatigue. nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/fatigue.pdf. Accessed July 17, 2013., , , et al.
- 14A Pan-Canadian Practice Guideline: Screening, Assessment and Care of Cancer-Related Fatigue in Adults With Cancer. capo.ca/Fatigue_Guideline.pdf. Accessed August 21, 2013., , , et al.
- 20Stata Statistical Software, version 11 [computer program]. College Station TX: StataCorp LP; 2009..
- 21Cancer-related fatigue. In: Berger AM, Shuster JL, von Roenn JH, eds. Principles and Practice of Palliative Care and Supportive Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013:84-95..
- 25A phase 3 randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, clinical trial of the effect of modafinil on cancer-related fatigue among 631 patients receiving chemotherapy: a University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology Program Research base study. Cancer. 2010;116:3513-3520., , , et al.
- 27US Census Bureau.ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2010 American Community Survey 1-year Estimates. factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml. Accessed August 21, 2013.