See related editorial on pages 464-8, this issue.
Automated tobacco assessment and cessation support for cancer patients
Version of Record online: 25 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 4, pages 562–569, 15 February 2014
How to Cite
Warren, G. W., Marshall, J. R., Cummings, K. M., Zevon, M. A., Reed, R., Hysert, P., Mahoney, M. C., Hyland, A. J., Nwogu, C., Demmy, T., Dexter, E., Kelly, M., O'Connor, R. J., Houstin, T., Jenkins, D., Germain, P., Singh, A. K., Epstein, J., Dobson Amato, K. A. and Reid, M. E. (2014), Automated tobacco assessment and cessation support for cancer patients. Cancer, 120: 562–569. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28440
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 25 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 28 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2013
- 1US Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 2004.
- 11American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). ASCO policy statement update: tobacco control-reducing cancer incidence and saving lives. J Clin Oncol. 2003;15:2777-2786.
- 13National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Patient and Caregiver Resources: Quitting Smoking for Cancer Survivors. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/patients/resources/survivorship/smoking.aspx. Accessed October 10, 2013.
- 18Oncology Nursing Society. Oncology Nursing Society Position on Nursing Leadership in Global and Domestic Tobacco Control. Available at: http://www.ons.org/Publications/Positions/Tobacco/, Accessed October 10, 2013.
- 19The gap between tobacco treatment guidelines, health service organization, and clinical practice in comprehensive cancer centres [serial online]. J Oncol 2011:145617, 2011., , , et al.
- 23Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service; 2008., , , et al.
- 28Characteristics of cancer patients entering a smoking cessation program and correlates of quit motivation: implications for the development of tobacco control programs for cancer patients. Psychooncology. 2004;13:346-358., , , et al.