Survivorship care plans: Is there buy-in from community oncology providers?
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 5, pages 722–730, 1 March 2014
How to Cite
Salz, T., McCabe, M. S., Onstad, E. E., Baxi, S. S., Deming, R. L., Franco, R. A., Glenn, L. A., Harper, G. R., Jumonville, A. J., Payne, R. M., Peters, E. A., Salner, A. L., Schallenkamp, J. M., Williams, S. R., Yiee, K. and Oeffinger, K. C. (2014), Survivorship care plans: Is there buy-in from community oncology providers?. Cancer, 120: 722–730. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28472
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUN 2013
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Treatment and Survivorship Facts and Figures 2012-2013. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2012.
- 2Hewitt M, Greenfield S, Stovall E, eds. From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine and National Research Council; 2005.
- 4Physical late effects in adult cancer survivors. Oncology (Williston Park). 2008;22(suppl 8 nurse ed):33–41., .
- 8The interface between primary and oncology specialty care: treatment through survivorship. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2010;2010:25–30., .
- 11Response to a treatment summary and care plan among adult survivors of pediatric and young adult cancer. J Oncol Pract. 2012;8:196–202., , , , , .
- 24Do survivorship care plans make a difference? A primary care provider perspective. J Oncol Pract. 2011;7:314–318., , , .
- 26The cancer survivorship care plan: health care in the context of cancer. J Oncol Pract. 2009;5:113–115..
- 28Quality of care and cancer survivorship: the challenge of implementing the institute of medicine recommendations. J Oncol Pract. 2009;5:101–105..
- 29President's Cancer Panel. Living Beyond Cancer: Finding a New Balance. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; 2004.
- 31National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Cancer Survivorship. Fort Washington, PA: National Comprehensive Cancer Network; 2013., , , et al;
- 32American Society of Clinical Oncology. Cancer Survivorship: Next Steps for Patients and Their Families. Alexandria, VA: American Society of Clinical Oncology; 2011.
- 33American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Cancer Program Standards 2012: Ensuring Patient-Centered Care: Working Draft. Chicago, IL: American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer; 2011.
- 38Future supply and demand for oncologists: challenges to assuring access to oncology services. J Oncol Pract. 2007;3:79–86., , , , .
- 39Survivorship programs and care plans in practice: variations on a theme. J Oncol Pract. 2011;7:70–75., .
- 40Survivorship care: essential components and models of delivery. Oncology (Williston Park). 2009;23(suppl 4 nurse ed):46–53..
- 47Coping with the oncology workforce shortage: transitioning oncology follow-up care to primary care providers. J Oncol Pract. 2010;6:203–205..
- 51American Society of Clinical Oncology. Colon Cancer Survivorship Care Plan. Version 2. Alexandria, VA: American Society of Clinical Oncology; 2007.
- 52American Society of Clinical Oncology. Breast Cancer Survivorship Care Plan. Version 2. Alexandria, VA: American Society of Clinical Oncology; 2008.
- 53American Society of Clinical Oncology. Cancer Treatment Summaries. http://www.cancer.net/survivorship/asco-cancer-treatment-summaries. Accessed November 11, 2013.
- 54American Society of Clinical Oncology. ASCO Cancer Treatment Summaries. cancer.net/patient/Survivorship/ASCO+Cancer+Treatment+ Summaries. Accessed November 11, 2013.
- 55Patient and provider preferences for survivorship care plans. J Oncol Pract. 2012;8:e80–e86., , , .