The first two authors contributed equally to this article.
ETV6-NTRK3 is a common chromosomal rearrangement in radiation-associated thyroid cancer
Version of Record online: 10 DEC 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 6, pages 799–807, 15 March 2014
How to Cite
Leeman-Neill, R. J., Kelly, L. M., Liu, P., Brenner, A. V., Little, M. P., Bogdanova, T. I., Evdokimova, V. N., Hatch, M., Zurnadzy, L. Y., Nikiforova, M. N., Yue, N. J., Zhang, M., Mabuchi, K., Tronko, M. D. and Nikiforov, Y. E. (2014), ETV6-NTRK3 is a common chromosomal rearrangement in radiation-associated thyroid cancer. Cancer, 120: 799–807. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28484
We thank the staff of the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Tissue Bank for providing samples of sporadic thyroid tumors used in this study. We are grateful to Dr. Geraldine Thomas (Imperial College, London, UK) for her valuable assistance and support of the study. We also gratefully acknowledge the confirmation of diagnoses provided by the International Pathology Panel of the Chernobyl Tissue Bank; and we are also grateful to our dosimetry colleagues, including Drs. I. A. Likhtarev, L. N. Kovgan, A. Bouville, and V. Drozdovitch, for their valuable contributions to iodine-I thyroid dose estimates.
- Issue online: 4 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 10 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 SEP 2013
- 20A cohort study of thyroid cancer and other thyroid diseases after the Chernobyl accident: pathology analysis of thyroid cancer cases in Ukraine detected during the first screening (1998–2000). Cancer. 2006;107:2559–2566., , , et al.
- 27The ATM kinase signaling induced by the low-energy beta-particles emitted by (33)P is essential for the suppression of chromosome aberrations and is greater than that induced by the energetic beta-particles emitted by (32)P. Mutat Res. 2011;708:28–36., , , .
- 28Generalized Linear Models. Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability: Volume 37. Boca Raton, FL: Chapman & Hall/CRC; 1989., .
- 30Epicure, release 2.10 [software program]. Seattle, WA: Hirosoft International; 1998., , , .