Cost-effectiveness of a standard intervention versus a navigated intervention on colorectal cancer screening use in primary care
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2014
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 7, pages 1042–1049, 1 April 2014
How to Cite
Lairson, D. R., DiCarlo, M., Deshmuk, A. A., Fagan, H. B., Sifri, R., Katurakes, N., Cocroft, J., Sendecki, J., Swan, H., Vernon, S. W. and Myers, R. E. (2014), Cost-effectiveness of a standard intervention versus a navigated intervention on colorectal cancer screening use in primary care. Cancer, 120: 1042–1049. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28535
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 18 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUL 2013
- 2US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Colorectal Cancer: US. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. AHRQ Publication 08-05,124-EF-3, October 2008. Available at: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf08/coloncancer/colors.hem. Accessed October 10, 2013.
- 4Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/colorectal/statistics/screening_rates.htm.Accessed October 10, 2013.
- 5US Department of Health and Human Services. Topics and Objectives: Cancer. Healthy People 2020. Available at: http://healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/objectiveslist.aspx?topicid=5. Accessed October 10, 2013.
- 14A patient education program is cost-effective for preventing failure of endoscopic procedures in a gastroenterology department. Am J Gastroenterol. 2001;96:1786-1790., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 24Population colorectal cancer screening estimates: comparing self-report to electronic health record data in California [serial online]. Int J Canc Prev. 2011;28:540., , , , , .
- 25US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. 2006 Consumer Price Index. Washington, DC: Bureau of Labor Statistics; 2007.
- 28Using the net benefit regression framework to construct cost-effectiveness acceptability curves: an example using data from a trial of external loop recorders versus Holter monitoring for ambulatory monitoring of “community acquired” syncope [serial online]. BMC Health Serv Res. 2006;6:68., , .
- 29Handling uncertainty in economic evaluation and presenting the results. In: Drummond M, Maguire A, eds. Economic Evaluation in Healthcare. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 2001:172-214..