We thank all of the participating patients and their families, as well as the global network of investigators, research nurses, study coordinators, and operations staff. Medical writing support was provided by Christine Arris at ACUMED (Tytherington, UK) with funding from Pfizer Inc.
A phase 2 trial of dacomitinib (PF-00299804), an oral, irreversible pan-HER (human epidermal growth factor receptor) inhibitor, in patients with advanced non–small cell lung cancer after failure of prior chemotherapy and erlotinib
Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Cancer published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of American Cancer Society.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 120, Issue 8, pages 1145–1154, 15 April 2014
How to Cite
Reckamp, K. L., Giaccone, G., Camidge, D. R., Gadgeel, S. M., Khuri, F. R., Engelman, J. A., Koczywas, M., Rajan, A., Campbell, A. K., Gernhardt, D., Ruiz-Garcia, A., Letrent, S., Liang, J., Taylor, I., O'Connell, J. P. and Jänne, P. A. (2014), A phase 2 trial of dacomitinib (PF-00299804), an oral, irreversible pan-HER (human epidermal growth factor receptor) inhibitor, in patients with advanced non–small cell lung cancer after failure of prior chemotherapy and erlotinib. Cancer, 120: 1145–1154. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28561
- Issue online: 8 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 SEP 2013
- 6Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of dacomitinib (PF-00299804), an oral irreversible, small molecule inhibitor of human epidermal growth factor receptor-1, -2, and -4 tyrosine kinases, in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumors. Invest New Drugs. 2012;30:2352-2363., , .
- 7Updated safety and efficacy results of a phase 1/2 study of PF-00299804 in Korean patients with NSCLC who experienced disease progression on platinum-based chemotherapy plus gefitinib or erlotinib. Presented at the 4th Asia Pacific Lung Cancer Conference (APLCC), Seoul, Korea, December 2-4, 2010. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:S371-S423. Abstract O-018., , , et al.
- 9Efficacy and safety of PF-00299804 as first-line treatment of patients with advanced NSCLC selected for activating mutation of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). Ann Oncol. 2010;21(suppl 8): Abstract LBA18., , , et al.
- 11Gefitinib plus best supportive care in previously treated patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised, placebo-controlled, multicentre study (Iressa Survival Evaluation in Lung Cancer). Lancet. 2005;366:1527-1537., , , et al.
- 12New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:205-216., , , et al.
- 15First report of PF00299804 in Asian patients: a Korean phase I/II study in KRAS wild-type, stage IIIb/IV non-small cell lung cancer, refractory to chemotherapy and erlotinib or gefitinib. Presented at the 13th Annual Meeting of the World Congress of Lung Cancer (WCLC), San Francisco, CA; July 31-August 4, 2009 (Abstract A3.2)., , , et al.
- 19Activity and tolerability of afatinib (BIBW 2992) and cetuximab in NSCLC patients with acquired resistance to erlotinib or gefitinib. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(suppl):482s. Abstract 7525., , , et al.