The first 2 authors contributed equally to this work.
Lack of reduction in racial disparities in cancer-specific mortality over a 20-year period
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 10, pages 1532–1539, 15 May 2014
How to Cite
Aizer, A. A., Wilhite, T. J., Chen, M.-H., Graham, P. L., Choueiri, T. K., Hoffman, K. E., Martin, N. E., Trinh, Q.-D., Hu, J. C. and Nguyen, P. L. (2014), Lack of reduction in racial disparities in cancer-specific mortality over a 20-year period. Cancer, 120: 1532–1539. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28617
- Issue online: 6 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 2 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 SEP 2013
- 1United States Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-05.pdf. Accessed January 20, 2013.
- 4American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2012. www.cancer.gov. Accessed November 1, 2012.
- 5American Cancer Society. Cancer Treatment and Survivorship Facts and Figures 2012-2013. cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-033876.pdf. Accessed October 15, 2013.
- 6Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. Research Data (1973-2009). Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Surveillance Systems Branch; 2012.
- 7Greene FL, Page DL, Fleming ID, et al, eds. American Joint Committee on Cancer Cancer Staging Manual. 6th ed. New York: Springer-Verlag, 2002.
- 9United States Department of Agriculture. Rural-Urban Continuum Codes. http://ers.usda.gov/datafiles/RuralUrban_Continuum_Codes/ruralurbancodes2003.xls. Accessed January 13, 2013.
- 10United States Census Bureau. Census 2000 Gateway. census.gov/main/www/cen2000.html. Accessed December 12, 2012.
- 15US Food and Drug Administration. Trastuzumab Product Approval Information. http://fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/How DrugsareDevelopedandApproved/ApprovalApplications/TherapeuticBio logicApplications/ucm080591.htm.Accessed January 22, 2013.
- 19Korean ethnicity as compared with white ethnicity is an independent favorable prognostic factor for overall survival in non-small cell lung cancer before and after the oral epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor era. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:1185-1196., , , et al.
- 23African Americans and health literacy: a systematic review. ABNF J. 2012;23:76-80..