See related editorial on pages 1604–1607, this issue.
A phase 2, single-arm study of ramucirumab in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma with disease progression on or intolerance to tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy
Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 11, pages 1647–1655, 1 June 2014
How to Cite
Garcia, J. A., Hudes, G. R., Choueiri, T. K., Stadler, W. M., Wood, L. S., Gurtler, J., Bhatia, S., Joshi, A., Hozak, R. R., Xu, Y., Schwartz, J. D. and Thompson, J. A. (2014), A phase 2, single-arm study of ramucirumab in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma with disease progression on or intolerance to tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy. Cancer, 120: 1647–1655. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28634
Presented in part as a poster at the 2009 European Cancer Organization/European Society for Medical Oncology Meeting; September 20-24, 2009; Berlin, Germany (Abstract 7108) and at the 2010 ASCO Genitourinary Symposium; March 5-7, 2010; San Francisco, California (Abstract 326).
We acknowledge the patients, their families, and the study personnel who participated in this clinical trial. Writing support was provided by Lori Kornberg (inVentiv Health Clinical) and Patricia Zimmer (ImClone Systems LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company).
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUN 2013
- 13Pytowski B. Efficacy of VEGFR2 targeted monoclonal antibody therapy in preclinical models of hepatocellular carcinoma [abstract]. Proc ILCA. 2013;6:39. Abstract P-043., , , ,
- 14New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:205-216., , , et al.
- 16.National Cancer Institute Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program. Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events. Version 3.0. Available at: http://ctep.cancer.gov/. Accessed April 19, 2013.
- 19A unified prognostic model for first- and second-line targeted therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC): results from a large international study [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28(suppl 15). Abstract 4523., , , et al.
- 20REGARD: a phase III, randomized, double-blind trial of ramucirumab and best supportive care (BSC) versus placebo and BSC in the treatment of metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma following disease progression on first-line platinum- and/or fluoropyrimidine-containing combination therapy [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(suppl 34). Abstract LBA5., , , et al.
- 28Activity of cabozantinib (XL184) in patients (pts) with metastatic, refractory renal cell carcinoma (RCC) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(suppl 5). Abstract 364., , , et al.