The current editorial focuses on a phase 2 study evaluating ramucirumab in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) who have received prior sunitinib and/or sorafenib therapy. The potential for further development is discussed in the context of the rapidly changing landscape of therapy for mRCC.
Ramucirumab in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: The beginning or the end?
Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 11, pages 1604–1607, 1 June 2014
How to Cite
Pal, S. K. and Figlin, R. A. (2014), Ramucirumab in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: The beginning or the end?. Cancer, 120: 1604–1607. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28636
See referenced original article on pages 1647–1655, this issue.
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 27 JAN 2014
- 3RAINBOW: a global, phase III, randomized, double-blind study of ramucirumab plus paclitaxel versus placebo plus paclitaxel in the treatment of metastatic gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) and gastric adenocarcinoma following disease progression on first-line platinum- and fluoropyrimidine-containing combination therapy rainbow IMCL CP12-0922 (I4T-IE-JVBE) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2014;32(Jan 20 suppl). Abstract LBA7., , , et al.
- 7Randomized phase III trial of temsirolimus and bevacizumab versus interferon alfa and bevacizumab in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: INTORACT trial [published online ahead of print December 2, 2013]. J Clin Oncol. 2013., , , et al.
- 8Randomized phase II study of first-line everolimus (EVE) + bevacizumab (BEV) versus interferon alfa-2a (IFN) + BEV in patients (pts) with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC): RECORD-2 [abstract]. Ann Oncol. 2012;23(suppl). Abstract 7830., , , et al.
- 9Efficacy of cabozantinib (XL184) in patients (pts) with metastatic, refractory renal cell carcinoma (RCC) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(suppl). Abstract 4504., , , et al.
- 10.Bristol-Myers Squibb. NCT01472081: A Phase 1 Study of BMS-936558 Plus Sunitinib or Pazopanib in Subjects With Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01472081?term=BMS-936558&rank=2. Accessed October 22, 2012.
- 13.Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH. NCT01265901: A Randomized, Controlled Phase III Study Investigating IMA901 Multipeptide Cancer Vaccine in Patients Receiving Sunitinib as First-line Therapy for Advanced/Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01265901?term=IMA-901&rank=2. Accessed October 22, 2012.
- 14.Argos Therapeutics. NCT01582672: Phase 3 Trial of Autologous Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy (AGS-003) Plus Standard Treatment of Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) (ADAPT) Available at: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Accessed December 15, 2013.
- 16Proteomic analysis of pre- and post-sunitinib treated renal cancer tissue to assess tumor heterogeneity and differential protein expression [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(suppl). Abstract 388., , , et al.
- 18Lymphangiogenesis in kidney cancer: expression of VEGF-C, VEGF-D and VEGFR-3 in clear cell and papillary renal cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:721-725., , , et al.