Improving colorectal cancer screening in Asian Americans: Results of a randomized intervention study
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 11, pages 1702–1712, 1 June 2014
How to Cite
Carney, P. A., Lee-Lin, F., Mongoue-Tchokote, S., Mori, M., Leung, H., Lau, C., Le, T. D. and Lieberman, D. A. (2014), Improving colorectal cancer screening in Asian Americans: Results of a randomized intervention study. Cancer, 120: 1702–1712. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28640
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 4 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 SEP 2013
- 1.American Cancer Society. Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Facts & Figures. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2013. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-037535.pdf. Accessed April 23, 2013.
- 10State-specific prevalence of selected health behaviors, by race and ethnicity—behavioral risk factor surveillance system, 1997. MMWR. 2000;48(SS02):1-60., , , et al.
- 11US Population Projections: 2005-2050, Released: February 11, 2008: Available at: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2008/02/11/us-population-projections-2005-2050/. Accessed February 25, 2014., .
- 12Cancer Screening in California: Racial and Ethnic Disparities Persist. Los Angeles, CA: UCLA Center for Health Policy Research; 2003., , , , , .
- 13Assessing cancer beliefs in a Chinese immigrant community. Cancer Control. 2003;10:22-28., , .
- 19Breast cancer education program based in Asian grocery stores. J Cancer Educ. 2000;15:173-177., , , et al.
- 24Ethnicity and the theory of planned behavior in the exercise domain. Am J Health Behav. 2003;27:579-591., , , , , .
- 26Differences in knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and perceived risks regarding colorectal cancer screening among Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese subgroups [published online ahead of print October 19, 2013]. J Commun Health. 2013., , , et al.
- 27Participatory action research and popular education in Latin America. Int J Qual Studies Educ. 1992;5:51-62..
- 28Asian American subgroup differences in sources of health information and predictors of screening behavior. Calif J Health Promotion. 2007;5:112-127., , , , , .
- 29Nationalism and Productivity: The Myth Behind the Korean Work Ethic. Harvard Asia Pacific Review. Available at: http://web.mit.edu/lipoff/www/hapr/spring02_wto/workethic.pdf. Accessed February 25, 2014..
- 30A breast health educational program for Chinese-American women: 3- to 12-month postintervention effect [published online ahead of print January 24, 2014]. Am J Health Promot. 2014., , , , .