Characterizing fatigue associated with sunitinib and its impact on health-related quality of life in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 12, pages 1871–1880, 15 June 2014
How to Cite
Cella, D., Davis, M. P., Négrier, S., Figlin, R. A., Michaelson, M. D., Bushmakin, A. G., Cappelleri, J. C., Sandin, R., Korytowsky, B., Charbonneau, C., Matczak, E. and Motzer, R. J. (2014), Characterizing fatigue associated with sunitinib and its impact on health-related quality of life in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Cancer, 120: 1871–1880. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28660
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 28 OCT 2013
- 1Fatigue is the most important symptom for advanced cancer patients who have had chemotherapy. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2008;6:448-455., , , et al.
- 12Reliability at the National Cancer Institute-Common Toxicity Criteria version 2.0 [in Japanese]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2004;31:1187-1192., , , .
- 15Development and validation of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Kidney Symptom Index (FKSI). J Support Oncol. 2006;4:191-199., , , et al.
- 18Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program. Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events. Version 3.0. Bethesda, MD: Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; 2006. ctep.cancer.gov. Accessed May 29, 2013.
- 19Design and Analysis of Quality of Life Studies in Clinical Trials. 2nd ed. Boca Raton, FL: Chapman & Hall/CRC; 2010..
- 20Applied Longitudinal Analysis. 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons; 2011., , .
- 22Interpretation of patient-reported outcomes [published online ahead of print February 19, 2013]. Stat Methods Med Res., .
- 23Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum; 1988..
- 33Sunitinib objective response in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: analysis of 1,059 patients treated on clinical trials [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(suppl):Page. Abstract 4542., , , et al.
- 34Asthenia and fatigue as potential biomarkers of sunitinib efficacy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma [abstract]. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:S135. Abstract 1139., , , et al.
- 36Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program. National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events. Version 4.0. NIH Pub. No. 09-7473. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; 2009. ctep.cancer.gov. Accessed August 26, 2013.